The most amazing car in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way I can top this car. The whole body weighs 180 lbs. and the engine cranks out 950 horsepower. The only original factory parts left on the car is the windshield and the door glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I always get a bad taste in my mouth with the whole Chevy mill in a Ford but otherwise it looks pretty amazing. Didn't watch the video but do they say what the curb weight of the car is?

They chose the Chevy motor because it's super compact. I don't know if they mentioned the curb weight.

I'm sorry, but if you want a killer Mustang...

larry_chen_speedhunters_ken_block_gymkhana_seven_hoonicorn-631-1200x800.jpg

Amazing based upon what metrics??? Light, sure, but strong???

950 hp but what mpgs?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
950 hp but what mpgs?

Anyone who is willing to shell out that kind of money for a totally custom, 950 HP automobile, isn't going to care one bit about fuel economy. Any more than someone who buys and fly's in a private jet is going to be concerned about operating cost.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Amazing based upon what metrics??? Light, sure, but strong???

950 hp but what mpgs?

Dude... What? Who cares?

But likely 25+ when out of boost, easy.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
They chose the Chevy motor because it's super compact.

Bull. Its only compact compared to a Modular Ford. Its about the same size/weight as a Ford Racing (Windsor based) engine, about the same size/weight as a Gen III Hemi, etc.

They picked it because its a good basic design (the LSx is soooooo much better than the traditional smallblock Chevy that its ridiculous, although the LS7 has some unique weaknesses because of the long stroke to get 7 liters displacement), hugely supported by the aftermarket, and they're familiar with it. The familiarity may be the biggest single reason for a builder to go with a particular design. In reality someone could achieve exactly the same thing they did with quite a few other v8 engine architectures. But maybe not for the same cost and in the same timeframe.

Anything but a dry straight road that thing would be lethal. All that power through the rear wheels. 'Here comes the guard rail'!
It would never beat a Nissan GTR.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'm sorry, but if you want a killer Mustang...

larry_chen_speedhunters_ken_block_gymkhana_seven_hoonicorn-631-1200x800.jpg

Yes, ol' Kenny has finally, REALLY, gone TOTALLY out of his mind with that BEAST!!
eek.gif
cool.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
There's no way I can top this car. The whole body weighs 180 lbs. and the engine cranks out 950 horsepower. The only original factory parts left on the car is the windshield and the door glass.

It's nice and all, but I'd want one built with one of the new flat plane Coyote power plants (MAKE it fit!!), naturally aspirated, but modded to ~650 RWHP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back