Penz copper bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it. I didn't think I needed to clean my engine. This stuff apparently disagreed. I'm just trying to find something that will quiet down the Ford knock.

Careful. Last time that happened, it turned out to be 1 quart... Lol.

PHM is good stuff though. My Jeep seems to consume it (1-1.5 quarts every 5k) vs. plain PYB (no noticeable consumption) which is odd and not explainable, but that is about it.

It's good additive replenishing.
laugh.gif

Same here. I have a bad habit of not checking my oriole often enough. I was a quart low with this stuff.

Looking at the original price, item number and then the weight, it does look like a six pack.

After reading around here, my 4.0 isnt the only one that sips syn-blends. That may be the cause. Good stuff though regardless. PYB and the like are my favorite conventional/ syn-blend oils.

OP, for quieting your engine, perhaps try 5 quarts of 10w40 PYB, 1 quart of 10w30 and 1 quart of 5w20. Lots of math, but it should be a thick 30 weight. Worth a shot IMO.

I have a 5 quart 10w40 and 1 quart of 5w20 mix in my Jeep now.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Yes that has happened more than once. They ship one quart, you complain and end up getting the quart for free. If you do end up with 6 quarts it's a great price.

I read it on here multiple times when that happens. However, as posted above, maybe they just have to get rid of a bunch of it.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that 6 bottles for $11.05 ?

Yes.

Quote:
Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle 5W30 Motor Oil - 1 Quart Bottle, Pack of 6

Free shipping with prime. Delivery in 3 to 5 weeks.
Didn't need it but what to hey? I ordered 2. My stash was getting low and I have 2 extra ninivans to service this year.

This is what I am running now and after 2,200-2,300 miles I am happy. Same experience as the OP: Turned the oil dark brown right quick. Only M1-HM came close there. My Saturn just started to burn a little oil in the past week after more than 2K miles. For a Saturn S that's great, though mine burns less than most.

However, note that with the PZ rebate and WM's pricing you can get PP HM for about $2 more than the great Amazon deal on the conventional PZ HM. That's what I plan to do in a month or two. Whether it's worth dealing with WM and PZ rebate hoops is a decision each man must make for himself.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Hey, Sylvester!
I already coined the term PBB (Pennzoil bronze bottle) for this oil, you cant just start calling it copper bottle!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Somehow PCB just doesn't give the right connotation...
Like: "I just filled my car with 5 bottles of PCB."

Last edited:
What's wrong with PHM?

I'm currently running it in my Subaru to see if it helps a rear main weep.

I've ordered that Amazon link deal, I'll either her 2 oil changes for about $20, or 2 free quarts as it clearly says "1 quart pack of 6" for the ad.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Yes that has happened more than once. They ship one quart, you complain and end up getting the quart for free. If you do end up with 6 quarts it's a great price.

That was third party seller, this time it's Amazon so you will get 6 quarts.

Look at other sellers, their price is $3x.xx plus shipping.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

That was third party seller, this time it's Amazon so you will get 6 quarts.

Look at other sellers, their price is $3x.xx plus shipping.

Amazon had a deal for 160 quarts of PU 5W30 for $150 last year. Shipped Free. It was not an outside seller. I even called and asked because the deal was too good to be true. They told me I would be getting thirty two, 5 quart jugs. I asked again, and was reassured. Then I requested to speak to a manager and he said the same thing. They shipped three 5 quart jugs. LOL When I called to complain they resubmitted the order and another three 5 quart jugs came. Long story short I ended up with nine 5 quart jugs for free. Not a bad deal. IIRC they changed the ad to read three 5 quart jugs for $150 shipped free. A lousy deal! Bottom line, they do screw up. I used the oil and I'll be buying more from Walmart.com.

I have a feeling the OP is going to be OK on this deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back