NRA alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking hard about joining the NRA, primarily because of their political influence but I also think they're a great organization for a variety of additional reasons. I believe their political influence is, perhaps, more important now than ever.

Are there other organizations that you think are as worthy of joining, or maybe "better" and if so, why?

I live in California if that matters.

smile.gif

Ed

I am a Benefactor member of the NRA. There is an option when you sign up for them to not send you spam mail and call you for donations.

calguns is a good one to donate to for local things. The NRA does not spend a lot of time in California because it is a losing battle most of the time.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
Thank you.

Which of the NRA magazines is your favorite?

Ed

I get American Rifleman. I skim through it, never really read one like I would a Car Craft. One thing to take advantage of are all the classes the NRA offers.

Call the NRA up, you can get a life membership for $500. Half the list price.

Membership has soared over the past 3 years, increasing by over a million.

92% of their revenue comes from dues. They represent their member's positions and interests. They are the best organization if your intent is to support Second Amendment rights.

Last edited:
I am a NRA member, but I disagree with their politics. I think that the NRA has done us all a disservice by promoting military style weapons as they do.

Originally Posted By: billt460
The NRA is the only one with the political clout and muscle to matter.

Bill, I hope you belong to Arizona Citizens Defense League. www.AZCDL.org It works very hard for our rights in Arizona.

Ed, belong to the NRA and whatever your strongest state organization is. You have to try to keep what you've got left over there.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I am a NRA member, but I disagree with their politics. I think that the NRA has done us all a disservice by promoting military style weapons as they do.

A 1911 pistol is a military style weapon as is a 9mm Beretta. So is a Remington 700 bolt action. So are pump shotguns. 30.06 and .308 are military rounds. 98 Mauser is a military rifle no matter the caliber. Where would you like to stop?

Originally Posted By: ET16

Very true, the NRA has done a lot to allow any lunatic or terrorist the opportunity to arm themselves in a much more effective manner with military style weapons.

Don't forget that they take the opportunity at every mass shooting to increase their bottom line, through scare tactics and fear mongering that up their membership and donations. Also ups gun and ammo sales, which I'm sure they get a kickback from.

Lemmings.

They don't promote military style weapons, they passionately defend the attempt to slowly chip away at weapons ownership. Any inroad against constitutional gun ownership is a downhill slide. If you let anti-gun politicians chip away at "you don't need this" and "you don't need that" they will never stop and eventually they will be taking your grandpa's antique shotgun.

If you don't like "military" style weapons don't buy them, I don't care for them much either.

As far as scare tactics and fear mongering, what do you think the gun grabbing liberals do every time there is a mass shooting?

The NRA is a powerful lobby, but I can only dream of how much influence they would have if the 95% of gun owners who enjoy the freedoms they so defend without supporting them would get on board.

I think we are at a crossroads in this country and we have probably already lost the Supreme Court.

A 1911 pistol is a military style weapon as is a 9mm Beretta. So is a Remington 700 bolt action. So are pump shotguns. 30.06 and .308 are military rounds. 98 Mauser is a military rifle no matter the caliber. Where would you like to stop?

I would like to stop at a clip size of fewer than 10 rounds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Don't forget that they take the opportunity at every mass shooting to increase their bottom line, through scare tactics and fear mongering that up their membership and donations.

The only fear mongering we're seeing, are the dumb a$$ Democrats once again beating the gun control drum. These idiots will never wake up. They had their "Assault Weapons Ban" for over 10 years. It didn't do a thing to reduce crime. In fact the crime rate is lower now, than it was when that stupid ban was in effect. Liberal Democrats have the uncanny talent to keep falling into the same hole every time.

Here is what the nit wit Democrats fail to understand. RADICAL ISLAM IS THE PROBLEM. RADICAL ISLAM IS THE ONLY PROBLEM. THE 2ND AMENDMENT ISNT THE PROBLEM. GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. THE ENEMY IS ALWAYS ARMED IN A WAR. This is not a "hate crime". Pearl Harbor was not a hate crime. 9-11 was not a hate crime. The Battle of Iwo Jima was not a hate crime. The shooting in the Orlando Night Club was not a hate crime.

These are acts of war. The enemy is at war with the USA. Obama refuses to be at war with the enemy. He is dillussional about the motivation of the enemy. Or he is deliberately lying. Or perhaps he doesn't have the stomach to be at war with this enemy. Or he is culpable in the destruction of this nation because of his, and the left's, hatred for the USA and their blame America first attitude. Which ever one it is, they all require Obama to resign his office this morning.

When Japan blew up Pearl Harbor, the enemy, in an act of war, showed up with weapons. It wasnt the fault of the 2A. The enemy shows up with weapons. That is the way of war. The people in that club were guilty of living free. The fascists of RADICAL ISLAM hate free people. RADICAL ISLAM says you must become just like them or die, and nothing the left comes up with works, because the only answer is to kill RADICAL ISLAM or allow RADICAL ISLAM to kill us.

Look at failed liberal ideologies. The list is long and distinguished. Let's say we are all lefties and say , I will be a "good person". Smoke weed , play videos, drive a Prius, and love Radical Islam, and they will love me back". That one hasn't worked. RADICAL ISLAM has and will continue to kill you. The motivation of RADICAL ISLAM continues to be convert or die. Let's say we are all lefties and we hate America , and we will blame America first and let the enemy know it. Will this change a thing ? Nope. If it did then, Obama's Grovel And Apologize Tour would have worked.. It has not.

Obama bowed, groveled, apologized and has negotiated with any enemy of this nation in any corner of the world, and that has not changed a thing. Obama bowed , groveled, apologized and negotiated the worst deal in the history of this nation by giving the leading sponsor of terror and RADICAL ISLAM, Iran, nuclear weapons and big money. The folks in Iran chanted "DEATH TO AMERICA" in the streets before the ink was even dry on that crooked deal. Obama now even accepts U.S. civilian casualties because he still cannot say RADICAL ISLAM or fully engage RADICAL ISLAM because of the above reasons.

Obama cannot say RADICAL ISLAM. Hillary cannot say RADICAL ISLAM. Both they, and the far left, will blame anything and everything in order not to admit that the only problem and the enemy is RADICAL ISLAM. If you admit this, then you must fully engage or submit. Obama, Hillary, and the left are willing to submit. They can't admit it. It's easier to hide their cowardice, and foolishly blame the 2nd Amendment because the enemy, in an act of war, showed up with guns. You liberals really need to WAKE UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back