2016 tucson first oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the first oil change done on the tuscon yesterday. Ended up providing my own jug of penzoil plat 5w30 to the dealer and they charged $10 labor and $11 for the oem filter. I didnt think that was a bad deal, the service manager told me that it would only be $32 plus a $10 rebate if i just used there bulk oil which is super s syn blend. Would you guys run this oil doing 5k oci or should i just stick with the pp? Btw its a 1.6 turbo di engine

For a short run to get rid of break in metals I might have considered the dealer bulk. For a 5 K run or longer I would have done exactly what you did, only done it myself.

Well i bought a extended warranty and if i ever had to make a warranty claim they wouldnt question it if the dealer did the work. Otherwise i do all my own work

Originally Posted By: moparguy19
Well i bought a extended warranty and if i ever had to make a warranty claim they wouldnt question it if the dealer did the work. Otherwise i do all my own work

As long as you can prove you did the work yourself, via a log and receipts for oil and filters and used products that meet mfg. specs you'll have no problems. A warranty should not disqualify you from doing your own work, or an outside shop.

Having said that, do what makes you happy, and enjoy the ride!

I'm on the fence on Super S.......
I must be an oil bigot as I bought some for push mower duty but wasn't man enough to actually use it. It just seems cheesy.

It's a good cheap serviceable oil.

Is there better? Yes.

Will it harm you're engine? No.

I believe it's even Dexos now.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Does this use the same filter most other Hyundais use? They're under $6 at my local dealer.

+1

$11 for an OEM filter seems high.

A though just came over me. How come the dealer can use a oil that doesnt meet the specs for this vehical but if i were to use it on my own i would be denied warranty work?

Originally Posted By: moparguy19
A though just came over me. How come the dealer can use a oil that doesnt meet the specs for this vehical but if i were to use it on my own i would be denied warranty work?

What makes you think the bulk oil doesnt meet specs?

My dealer uses smittys super s syn blend for all the vehicals that come in for a bulk oil change. My tucson states that a 5w30 that meets acea b5 spec must be used. From my understanding super s multiflow 5w30 doea not meet that.

Yea i think its pathetic that a dealer ship that sells and services hyundai wont take the time to reasearch there product and learn the correct way to service them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back