Drivers

1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 106
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 82
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 66
Constructors
1. Mercedes, 188
2. Ferrari, 121
3. Red Bull, 102

For more including past results, track data, video, and more please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

07_Canada_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Should be interesting to see if Red Bull with the updated powerplant can keep up with Mercedes on a faster track than Monaco.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
High of 15C and cloudy forcast for Sunday! That will make it interesting to see which cars can get their tires to work.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Hopefully Redbull practiced changing their tires.

I was just going to say. It doesn't matter how well the tires work or don't work, if you can't manage to get them on the car.

Upgrades are going to contribute to an interesting race. Ferrari has a new turbo. McLaren Honda has a new turbo and new fuel. The new Renault engine will be further optimized and really get to stretch its legs. Add into the mix drivers like Hamilton that needs to catch up now that he's got his form back, Vettel who has been visibly and audibly frustrated lately, and Ricciardo who is on point and has missed two victories by matters out of his control. Good stuff!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: gofast182
...Vettel who has been visibly and audibly frustrated lately....

If Vettel's new turbo piles up, I expect he'll keel over in the garage.

Haha yeah while yelling, "What the F##k are we doing here?!"

I DVR the races. The NBC broadcast was preempted by the shooting, the NBCSN rebroadcast was golf. Since NBC dropped the ball twice, I have no idea if it was a good race.

Originally Posted By: whip
I DVR the races. The NBC broadcast was preempted by the shooting, the NBCSN rebroadcast was golf. Since NBC dropped the ball twice, I have no idea if it was a good race.

Luckily I was watching it live, but had the DVR set. I would have missed it otherwise. The race wasn't bad. Vettle had it by passing everyone with a great start. But the team screwed up his tire change by doing it too early. Hamilton passed, and Vettle could not catch him. Hamilton pushed Rosberg off track on the first lap. By the time he got back on, and got up to speed, he never recovered.

Luckily I was watching live, too. Between rain delaying Indy and the shooting bumping F1 it was a messy weekend for watching racing.

Decent race. Even if the Mercs. didn't have a bad launch, Vettel's was still blistering by any account. What Hamilton has been able to do with tires these past two races has been amazing. I've been critical of Verstappen but he held Rosberg off like a boss at the end of the race.

This year's new tire rules where there's actually a true option tire, unlike previous years, has really helped make the racing more interesting on the strategy side.

Last edited:
Vettel did pretty good, I must say. I was very happy, except for a few hiccups he did during the last stint, which is probably what really sealed the deal against him. He knows how to nail a start, and that is one of the major threats to Mercedes. If Lewis keeps "Webbering" his starts, he's going to find himself having to play catch up more often.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: whip

Luckily I was watching it live, but had the DVR set. I would have missed it otherwise. The race wasn't bad. Vettle had it by passing everyone with a great start. But the team screwed up his tire change by doing it too early. Hamilton passed, and Vettle could not catch him. Hamilton pushed Rosberg off track on the first lap. By the time he got back on, and got up to speed, he never recovered.

I ended up watching the highlight video on the F1 site. It doesn't look like I missed much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back