2009 Harley Superglide...barhopper !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I spent 5 days at Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago and it just happened to be bike week that week! LOL! I got a bad fever while there and started researching a few different models when we got home. I ended up buying a 2009 Harley FXDC Superglide custom. 21,000 miles, Vivid black with silver pinstripes, chrome spoke wheels, Rush slipons, slipon rider backrest with a small rack attached, forward controls and quite a few chrome goodies and the original solo seat as well as an upgraded Dyna, 2 up touring seat, as well as some other stuff the original owner had. It's the 96ci TC engine with sequential port fuel injection and the 6 speed transmission. It also has a quick attach/detach windshield and a rear turn signal relocation kit installed. It starts and runs great and the fit and finish seems to be world class so far. I bought it from a retired military guy who happens to be a motorcycle guy and who was selling it on CL. I rode it about 50 miles this evening and am well pleased so far. I'll get some pics up in a day or so. It just got a fresh service with Syn3 in all 3 holes, but I might do some adjusting on that at the next service. If I can sleep tonight, I'm planning on putting a couple hundred miles on it tomorrow, weather permitting.

Congratulations on the new toy !!
banana2.gif

Congrats!

Suggest strongly to take syn 3 out of trans and primary.

Replace trans with Redline shockproof, you won't be happier.

Primary also, redline makes specific lube.

I have 2006 FLTRI. Redline will make your bike run optimally.

V twin power pack by Redline ships with everything you need.

Please ride safe. Defensive. Keep your eyes moving.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Immediately, as in now, check cam chain tensioner shoes!

Straight from the Harley haters club.

Sorry guys, the wife has tried for an hour to get the pics posted and can't get it to work. Is there a plan B to get them posted?

You have to host them on another site and link to them in the post here. Photobucket or something similar.

Rode 150 miles today on the maiden voyage. The six speed is going to take some getting used to. I found myself stirring the cogs trying to find the sweet spot for the different gears in different speed zones. All the gears seem to be little taller than the 5 speed in the old EG. I love the fuel injection, turn the switch on and push the starter button. I have to warm up the old carbed EVO for a couple minutes on cold starts and sometimes 1/4 choke if I stop for more than 30 minutes. Throttle response is crisp and predictable. The clutch engagement is nice and smooth and the clutch lever pull is really light. It pulls without hesitation, nice and strong from the lower RPM range for every gear. No tach on the Superglide, but you know the big twin is doing it's job when you roll on the throttle and it willingly responds without any hesitation or shudder of any kind. Nice and smooth where some other bikes would be begging for the next lowest gear. The wide 2 up touring seat is very comfortable and the forward control mounted shifter and brake pedal fit me OK at 6'4", but I have already inquired about getting footboards installed. The detachable windshield is good for keeping most bugs off your upper torso but that's about it. The brakes seem very good with good feel. I have stayed off Interstate highways so far, but with the extra gear I can tell it won't even be breathing hard at 75 mph. Sorry for the long critique, but I'm really liking this Superglide already.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
No, actually, straight from a Harley lover that is NOT blind to their faults!

In 2007 the twin cam engine got a hydraulic shoe tensioner, bigger oil pump, 96 cubic inches and I believe the six speed, but that may have been the year before. The tensioner shoes aren't an issue anymore as they should last until the first top end rebuild at 75-100K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back