Oil for a car with an absolutely unknown history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
I'm done with this thread, anything past this point is just angst at people's rights to not be accused of things they didn't do and whatever else.

I have my directive as to what to do next on this vehicle.
34.gif

You keep saying that, and keep saying for people to stop.

But you won't.

...I get so many crazy accusations thrown my way and watch people get laughed out of court when they can't prove it to know a thing or two about just what hyenas this place can be. So, whenever I stand up for myself, all of a sudden it's a low road. That makes me laugh.

Change something to stop having to spend so much time in court defending yourself. Most people never go to court once in their life times to "defend" themselves from accusations. Weird thread.

JcCadilliacMobile Start 02/04/10 End 05/11/10 Posts 356
OilBlazer93 Start 05/17/10 End 05/27/10 Posts 39
HomerJ5w40 Start 05/31/10 End 06/09/10 Posts 45
HangerHarley Start 06/10/10 End 12/27/10 Posts 1239
45ACP Start 04/03/11 End 03/26/12 Posts 1271
Gearheadtool Start 03/31/12 End 02/27/13 Posts 1711
technologs Start 04/03/13 End 10/27/13 Posts 2606
MalfunctionProne Start 11/26/14 End 02/19/15 Posts 1499
InfmousCornholio Start 4/22/15 End 09/26/15 Posts 686
GHT Start 9/26/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 0
Ratchetgrinder Start 10/07/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 105
BreakerBreaker Start 11/28/15 End 12/25/15 Posts 123
Supercalifragili Start 12/25/15 End 1/4/16 Posts 74
Brasileno Start 1/4/16 End 2/5/16 Posts 226
HazardousGorilla Start 2/18/16 End 4/10/16 Posts 156
Spillips Start 4/11/16 End 5/2/16 Posts 92
Turbo_Lemming Start 4/23/16 End 5/9/16 Posts 138
Prune_Juice Start 05/17/16

So, whenever I stand up for myself, all of a sudden it's a low road. That makes me laugh.

When you disregard the forum rules and re-register under a fake name, it's not standing up for yourself. It's finking out. And since you can't seem to stand up for yourself with the finesse required to not get banned, it might be time to back down from whatever fights you feel a need to engage in.

$190 for that car isn't bad at all. Here's my take. You said it starts but sounds "ticky"? From what I've seen on some of the older Japanese 4 cylinders,they just sound like that,nature of the machine. If you've already bought it,I'd go to Home Depot and buy some Simple Green HD and scrub and clean the heck out of that engine and engine bay. Then buy a decent cheap battery (Walmart). Then change the oil with Pennzoil,Castrol,or Valvoline 10W30 high mileage with a Fram Tough Guard and drive that bad boy! Do that regiment on a regular basis and it should serve you well. Keep the oil level checked on a regular basis with any of the three aforementioned oils.

Originally Posted By: slybunda
is it fixed yet?

I think you meant to ask if it was destroyed and abandoned roadside yet.

This guy is not the only one who keeps coming back under new screen names.
There are even a couple of active names that I think must be alter egos of one another.
Here's a suggestion.
If we want to get rid of these folks, then why don't we just out them and then ignore them, or maybe use "notify"?
If the OP is merely seeking attention and validation, we've given him six pages of it in two days.
Maybe we're all feeding the troll?

Update: I did not buy the car.

Was SO tempting to get it, but I have a car to save for.

I paid $30, and took a former customer of mine along. Just had to know. I also watched, to learn. He told me it was a flood car. Said parasitic draw from a fuse box. Stereo install gone horribly wrong. Bad grounds, everywhere. Gave starter direct power, and nothing. Dead starter.

To get it to run, its a starter install and needs a new battery. Probably has an alternator problem, or some other mystery issue.

Seeing as how I have a car to fix on the back-burner, I'm going to have to reluctantly pass on this one.

My tools are in that car, so, I'm doing all with one hand tied behind my back.

And tomorrow is a very special day for me, so, I close out a year of my life in perhaps a good act of judgement. Hopefully, something doesn't come along to un-do.

Corolla? Ok.

But not that Corolla.

Wow, it hurts to say that. $190 sounded so sweet .

Think what you want.. That's my update. Probably taking the day off tomorrow.

Decided against the car.

And some of the comments here are really, really outrageous. Good thing I didn't read anything after "I'm done with this thread and I'm not sure why we are discussing dogs at all."

Leaving this here. Special day tomorrow. Goodnight! Sleep tight. Dont let the bed bugs bite!
laugh.gif

Stereo install gone horribly wrong.

That right there made me walk away from a car one time. I'd found a beautiful mint low mileage Hunter Green 1994 300ZX. BUT,there was this mess of wires coming from the battery,jerry rigged to the harness,through the firewall,and hanging down by the pedals. I was like,what the [censored]?? Well,every time I'd push the brake pedal,all the dash lights would light up. Homegrown stereo install gone really bad! Needless to say I walked away from that one.

Update: I did not buy the car.

Was SO tempting to get it, but I have a car to save for.

I paid $30, and took a former customer of mine along. Just had to know. I also watched, to learn. He told me it was a flood car. Said parasitic draw from a fuse box. Stereo install gone horribly wrong. Bad grounds, everywhere. Gave starter direct power, and nothing. Dead starter.

To get it to run, its a starter install and needs a new battery. Probably has an alternator problem, or some other mystery issue.

Seeing as how I have a car to fix on the back-burner, I'm going to have to reluctantly pass on this one.

My tools are in that car, so, I'm doing all with one hand tied behind my back.

And tomorrow is a very special day for me, so, I close out a year of my life in perhaps a good act of judgement. Hopefully, something doesn't come along to un-do.

Corolla? Ok.

But not that Corolla.

Wow, it hurts to say that. $190 sounded so sweet .

Think what you want.. That's my update. Probably taking the day off tomorrow.

Decided against the car.

And some of the comments here are really, really outrageous. Good thing I didn't read anything after "I'm done with this thread and I'm not sure why we are discussing dogs at all."

Leaving this here. Special day tomorrow. Goodnight! Sleep tight. Dont let the bed bugs bite!
laugh.gif

Do you still have the Volvo that had the water pump problems in Georgia or is that a goner?

Good job at passing on this car. It would need a lot more than alternator, battery , starter if it was a flood car.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I dont know what this dog killing thing is all about. I'm not sure its possible to kill a dog like that. It might make it sick. You'd have to evacuate/displace all the oxygen in a closet to kill it. That's not easy.

My gut feeling is that Joseph would not do something like that.

I *do* know what it's about. It was a small dog, a puppy, locked in an enclosed space. It's not always about displacing the oxygen but INHALING POISON SPRAYED IN THE FACE. [censored]. Why in the [censored] would someone make up *that* story about their own beloved dog? But let's assume you're right - he didn't do it. Tell me, then why does he, oh, excuse me, why does "joseph" have an arrest dated the same day as this incident? And a document that says "charges dropped" matching the post about him stealing the [censored] dog's body? And why do 'joseph's" (aka Spillips at the time, I think) adventures of getting stuck in Georgia with the 3rd Volvo match the visit with this woman? And how about the post on his own FB saying he FOUND the dog's body? Oh, but surely her posts in real time about him RUNNING from the police... she just crafted that for fun? Wow, what a remarkable coincidence.

You don't have to believe he did it. I know he did. And I know he's not going to stop there. For the life of me, what I cannot understand is why some people still back him up and defend him. Hey, maybe THAT'S part of why he's not going to stop.

But you go with your gut. Invite him over! Maybe he can babysit your kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back