Yea, the wife is happy it wasn’t her

Status
Not open for further replies.
My almost 40 years of no accidents (not my fault) ended yesterday. As I was backing up my new 3 month old Honda Pilot, I hit the bumper of a minivan. It should be easy to buff out the black bumper transfer from his bumper (A member of the group I was with), but my poor Pilot now has scratches and chips on its side. I was so angry with myself. 450-mile drive from Zion National Park to home was a quiet drive.

that's exactly why I don't buy new.

The cars I buy come pre-ordered with chips, cracks and scratches.

Helps me sleep better at night
smile.gif

WOW. This little speed bump in life has affected you for the 450 mile drive back and still so much that you share it with us. Hate to see the response to a major life event. :))

Originally Posted By: Eddie
WOW. This little speed bump in life has affected you for the 450 mile drive back and still so much that you share it with us. Hate to see the response to a major life event. :))

Some people like to buy new and keep the car forever, so when you mess it up right off the bat, you get to look at it for the next 10 years.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Some people like to buy new and keep the car forever, so when you mess it up right off the bat, you get to look at it for the next 10 years.

Or you get it fixed right and after a while forget it happened. It's a new car, fix it and move on.

This is the new car OP obsessed over here for months, little wonder he's upset.

I understand, it happens.

Happened to my mom's van when I kid learning how to ride kinda bashed her back bumper. (little guy was okay) Left a nice deep scratch on the side...

My coworker bought a brand new buick, when he came to work he had 29 miles on it. Coworker opened his door right into it.

40 years is a longtime no at fault. Im at 8 years

Originally Posted By: powayroger
No, I was just [censored] off at myself for this stupid mistake.
think about it this way.if that's the worst accident you ever have consider your self very fortunate

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Try 16-18 years. I'm first and last owner of all my vehicles.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
its amazing it always happens to the new car!

It only happens to new cars that aren't paid for yet.

That's Karma's way of punishing people for buying on credit.
grin2.gif

Years ago my Sister had bought a new car and took it to my parents house to show it off. She parked it right behind my Mothers car. My mom was in a hurry to get somewhere and backed right into her after she pulled up. One hour from new to smashed!

I smucked up the side of our new work truck a couple of weeks ago...it had less than 1000 miles on it...the guy at the body shop said it was the lowest mileage vehicle he'd ever had in for collision repairs...

Sorry to hear this. It sucks, no doubt.

I don't think my wife has put any dents into her car, but they still show up. At least one is from me getting too close to it with a snow shovel.

At least now you have a used car--the next dent won't hurt nearly as much.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back