Decent AR-15 Collapsible Stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons and I built 3 full size ARs last year (A3) and we are building carbines this year. What collapsible stock gets the nod these days? I would like to stay at less than $100 each, a little more is OK if needed, but not much more.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I've used every non junk stock on the market. My absolute favorite is the B5 Sopmod Bravo. The B5 sopmod is almost the same stock. The bravo lacks a storage compartment and is a little lighter than the sopmod stock.

My second favorite is the Magpul CTR.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The best have 7075 aluminum receiver extension tubes.

He asked for stock recommendations. Buffer tubes and stocks are two separate things.

I prefer the Vltor E-Mod Stock. I have long arms, and I don't shoot in a ninja suit. The Vltor E-Mod gives me almost a full inch greater length of pull when fully extended, over the standard M-4 collapsible stock. It also gives a much more comfortable cheek weld. The butt plate is steel reinforced with a nice rubber butt pad. It's an extremely rugged and comfortable stock. Here are 2 of them on a Colt 6940 Monolith, and on a Bushmaster M-4.

Good advise. Unless you need to store batteries the Bravo is a great choice. I have both versions and have never used the storage area. If I needed to buy another stock, it definatily would be the non compartment version

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I've used every non junk stock on the market. My absolute favorite is the B5 Sopmod Bravo. The B5 sopmod is almost the same stock. The bravo lacks a storage compartment and is a little lighter than the sopmod stock.

My second favorite is the Magpul CTR.

Another Magpul ACS user. Keep it stocked with CR123s for my red dot.....just in case. Haven't figured a good use for the storage compartment with the door yet. The "clamp" to eliminate slop/movement with the buffer tube sold me.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the information. I will dig into it and pick one based upon the overall features.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
My sons and I built 3 full size ARs last year (A3) and we are building carbines this year. What collapsible stock gets the nod these days? I would like to stay at less than $100 each, a little more is OK if needed, but not much more.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I prefer the MOE S/L, personally.

I have used:

LMT and B5 SOPMOD
B5 Bravo
Magpul MOE
Magpul ACS
Magpul ACS-L
BCM's new stock (forgot the name)

I like the MOE S/L because it does not rattle, it has a very good cheek weld for MY face (some people like the SOPMOD, some people like THIN stocks. The S/L is right in the middle. It also will not pull beards), it has a "protected" adjustment lever. It is EXTREMELY strong, and in drop-tests by Magpul destroyed the receiver extension before collapsing/being destroyed, itself. It has an angled "toe", which I prefer,and to be blunt, it also looks sexy.

That is my opinion, and why. It fits your price range easily.

*An MOE S/L(S) (Storage) is coming this fall, btw

Last edited:
In the end I went with the Mil-Spec Magpul CTR® Carbine Stocks. Solid design and function. Thanks all for the information shared!

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
In the end I went with the Mil-Spec Magpul CTR® Carbine Stocks. Solid design and function. Thanks all for the information shared!

I think that is the one I have on mine. Very happy with them.

For what it's worth, the Magpul MOE/CTR has become an iconic fixture within the AR world. Hard to say if emerging trends will ever take their place...

x13-hours-the-secret-soldiers-of-benghazi-latest-poster.jpg.pagespeed.ic_.WRqxQNtmE7.jpg

Originally Posted By: billt460
I prefer the Vltor E-Mod Stock. I have long arms, and I don't shoot in a ninja suit. The Vltor E-Mod gives me almost a full inch greater length of pull when fully extended, over the standard M-4 collapsible stock. It also gives a much more comfortable cheek weld. The butt plate is steel reinforced with a nice rubber butt pad. It's an extremely rugged and comfortable stock. Here are 2 of them on a Colt 6940 Monolith, and on a Bushmaster M-4.

de.gif

Gorgeous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back