So was this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016_06_03_23_38_11.jpg

2016_06_03_23_38_59.jpg

seems like an amazing deal to me. A dozen 10 oz bottles of Gumout All in One for $12.74 (about $1.06 each).

Apparently rare Amazon price fluke that wasn't caught. I've seen a few on Amazon but on things I didn't need so I passed.

Only if you really need a dozen bottles of it.

It's interesting to see the fill level variations. The fourth from the right is really overfilled.

Uhhhhh, yeah. How about some details on the transaction including how you found out about it?

As for title, would have to be rhetorical because a simple WM price comparison provides the answer.

This deal would be considered, super slick on another site.
56.gif

Assuming there was a mistake on Amazon's part it's good it was in citing a low price.

They just as easily could have made a mistake with a stock number and sent the wrong thing. Yes, yes, you could've returned it but this mistake "delivered the goods".

Yes, the title is rhetorical.
smile.gif
Just wanted to share (well, maybe rub it in a little).

How it happened, well, I was reading here about Gumout AIO and figured I would try it. I got on Amazon and was looking for the best price and came across this deal, 12 bottles $11.77 with free 2 day Prime shipping.
I figured it was a mistake but I placed an order for 2 anyway. After I ordered, I was going to share it here, but within an hour the price had already gone back up to $200+ (it is $235 now). No point in posting it as a deal since it was over, and I figured they would cancel it anyway.
Well, after a month, it had not shipped and Amazon sent me an email saying shipping was delayed and wanted to know if I still wanted it. Well of course I did. A month later, and I have half my order (yes, I am supposed to be getting another 12 bottles at some point in time).

Pop Rivit, yes, I noticed the fill differences, there is maybe 3 mm of difference between lowest and highest, except for the one that is way higher.

Sayjac, yes, it would have been a front page deal on that other slick site, but probably would have triggered an order cancellation.

Now what to do with it? My initial plan was 1/2 bottle in the wifes Scion every oil change (she has a 14 gallon tank, and this stuff treats up to 35 gallons) and a full bottle every oil change on the truck (it has a 25 gallon tank) If I do this, I will have 6 years worth (if I get the second box).

Originally Posted By: blupupher
...Sayjac, yes, it would have been a front page deal on that other slick site, but probably would have triggered an order cancellation....

True that! These things best kept to oneself until one makes sure the transaction is complete and good to go. My guess is you caught what in the early stages (wild days) of AAP code use would be called a "glitch". Used to be able to buy oil and sometimes oil/filter promos using the codes, which weren't supposed to be included. Some crazy oil deals in those days.

Congrats to you, super slick find on a good product. Just for reference recently found Regane Complete FSC for $4 with attached coupon at Dollar General, and Regane HM for $4.44 on roll back at WM.

Funny, last year or so ago, HomeDepot cleared out their Gumout round bottles for $0.99. I stocked up on them at that time.

Well, got another e-mail from Amazon stating the 2nd shipment is delayed with an unknown ship date. It again asked if I still wanted it, so of course I said yes.

I decided I will also use a bottle in my mom's Saturn Vue with 130,000 miles at every oil change (usually once a year based on OLM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back