Another orange can of delight PH7317 @9,702 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed this Fram PH7317 on a 2008 Honda Civic on 3-19-16. Filter has 9,702 miles on it, and the Mobil Super 5W-20 had that many miles on it too. Oil life monitor went off at 15% at 7,100 miles. When I went to reset the oil life monitor, it was at minus 1664. It's not my car. I just change the oil and filter.

Filter looks to be in excellent shape, and it looks like it could even go for more miles. Did not do any paper towel wraps on the filter. ADBV was still pliable. Took a picture of the poppet relief valve, but it did not come out right. I installed another Fram PH7317, and filled it with Mobil Super 5W-20 again.

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

Mobil Super 5000 conventional oil was used not the 7500 mile synthetic. From my previous post, oil monitor went off at !5% 7,100 miles, and when I reset the oil life monitor it was at minus 1664. Total miles was 9702, so the oil life monitor was at zero percent at 8,038 miles. I think that should be right.

A60182

Made on January 18, 2016 in Greenville, OH

Too bad you missed the Napa Synthetic sale last month because $2.99 is a great price for rebranded Synpower, and you could;ve picked up a Napa Silver filter too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A60182

Too bad you missed the Napa Synthetic sale last month because $2.99 is a great price for rebranded Synpower, and you could;ve picked up a Napa Silver filter too
smile.gif

I thought about that when I was planning on doing the service, but the owner is tight as they come. Did do the Mobil rebates on the two jugs of Mobil Super 5000, so I get $7 a jug back, and it only cost $14.17 a jug. Already got one rebate, and just waiting on the other.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
A60182

smile.gif

I thought about that when I was planning on doing the service, but the owner is tight as they come. Did do the Mobil rebates on the two jugs of Mobil Super 5000, so I get $7 a jug back, and it only cost $14.17 a jug. Already got one rebate, and just waiting on the other.

Pennies per mile can be a factor when driving over 50,000 miles a year. Tires are another major expense. But you also dont want to forget the impact a smooth ride and quiet engine have on your body!

Wow, you rebel! I hereby ban you from BITOG for using an OCOD. Also, I'll take any FRAM filters you have because I, too, run cheap filters and have never had a catastrophic failure.

looks very good much better than the ones i cut open.. Fram improved this filter i guess they had to the old orange cans were not the best. but i will say their new Ultra is a really nice filter worth the extra dollars.

Looks very good.

I am planning on running a PH16 next time assuming I cant find any more TG's on sale. I've had great luck with them in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back