New safety spec for 2017 F1 cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides those incidents mentioned in the article there's another driver that may have been saved by the proposed new rule. Younger fans may not be familiar with him but Ayrton Senna was one of the all time greats and one of the few rain masters. He might have survived his other injuries in the crash but was hit in the head by a wheel.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Besides those incidents mentioned in the article there's another driver that may have been saved by the proposed new rule. Younger fans may not be familiar with him but Ayrton Senna was one of the all time greats and one of the few rain masters. He might have survived his other injuries in the crash but was hit in the head by a wheel.

I kind of tuned out of F1 once Picquet, Prost, Mansel etc. left F1.
When Senna died in 1994, it was middle of the war in Bosnia where I am from.
Death all around you, but F1 was something that you would watch it on religious basis. I watched that race, with small TV hooked up on the truck battery (did not have electricity for 2 years, more or less). That was top talk among people. He was truly the legend and I wish today's F1 had that prestige and competitiveness of late 80's and more or less 90's.

More safety is always better, but we think of drivers from more dangerous times to be infinitely more skilful to stay alive while driving like that!! Look at Steffan Belloff, Walter Rohrl and of course the unforgettable Ayrton Senna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back