K&N PS-1017 vs HP-1017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2013 Silverado 1500 with 5.3L motor. The K&N PS-1017 and HP-1017 oil filters are listed as compatible with my motor. But, other than color and the nut on the bottom of the HP-1017 filter, I do not see what the difference between the two are...oh, except for the price which is a significant difference. K&N seems to be a very respected oil filter from what I have heard, but I just want to know if the two variations are basically the same filter other than the 1" removal/install nut on the bottom of the HP version? If so, I would love to buy the PS version and just use my strap filter wrench like I do with every other filter and then buy lunch with the money I saved over the HP version.
Any thoughts?

Yah, I don't think I ever discounted the reputation of the K&N filters. I am just trying to determine the differences between the PS-1017 and the HP-1017 K&N filters.

welcome2.gif

The HP has the nut on top, the PS doesn't. That's the only meaningful difference. Both are low quality filters that are overpriced. Outsourced Korean [censored] that is nowhere NEAR as good as they used to be. And of course they didn't pass the savings on to the customer.

The old K&N's were the same as Mobil 1, but with the nut.

Just buy a Fram Ultra and be a sweetheart of BITOG forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back