Champ PH 500, 13' Impala, 16,xxx miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this filter has a story behind it. Long while ago; my friend brought this filter from his rental place where he works and a jug of PP 5w30 oil. He ran the oil for 9,xxx then used some of the newer PP "pure plus". Don't know why he didn't change filter also. For a E Core filter I am impressed. Car has 39,557 on it currently also and it runs good. He does a 50/50% mix of highway to city. I put more PP 5w30 and a FRAM ultra in and on.

2nizck8.jpg

2v0jpj6.jpg

2mwifsh.jpg

2v0jpj6.jpg

bgb6gk.jpg

2evaez6.jpg

349705k.jpg

f400gx.jpg

4zw7rn.jpg

2u410g6.jpg

Bullwinkle: when I put the first load of PP in, car had like 23,xxx on it. Yeah, newer engines definitely to me run cleaner. I told him to come back in say 9k and I would change it again and we will leave the ULTRA on for 15k
smile.gif

Looks fine. However, this Champ uses a combo valve bypass while the equivalent specifically made for GM ACDelco PF63E ecore uses/specs a separate poppet style bypass. And of course so does the Classic design ACD if you can find it. But, this is a jobber tier filter. Pleating and cage much better than older ecores though.

The Ultra replacement good for 15k, even though looks fine this one a real stretch imo. Wondering what time frame the 16k was done in.

Thanks for pics.

It's been almost 13 months to be honest Sayjac. I have my "side job log" and that's how long it's been
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply. Bottom line it looks good. I'd just be leery of running it that long with a combo valve for bypass function. And one could surmise GM must feel similar.

Yeah, the ADBV was rock hard too. I told him if he wanted a 10k filter; get a tough guard, but he brought the ultra instead.

That looks like the latest tighter cage spacing too. Thanks for the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back