beware cheap ladders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cjcride
We pay about $400. to about a $1000. CDN. a year dependant on income in Ontario for medical care per year. It's calculated at tax time. Then we visit a Doctor anytime we need and flash the health card.
Easy as that is I sometimes use WebMD.com for medical concerns and I like the site so far. You may want to check it out.

Get Well Soon

the org. bill before insurance was over 6000$ for just the ER
to splint my arm.
not counting xrays dr visits, actual surgery.

ER charged me additional 1800$ for a 5min visit day after to loosen their overtight splint.
The surgeon dr visit pre-surgery was 400$

Of course the "insurance allowed charges" are much lower.

Expecting surgery to be around 10000$ before insurance knocks that down.
the wrist brace that was 24$ on amazon was 180$ at the dr... and lets not forget the 50$ compression glove. that fell apart after 2 days.

I have two step ladders. One is a cheap something I bought during the 80's. It's OK for quick things, but I never trust it when I have to go too high.

The second is a Little Giant with the yellow ends, bought back when they were still made in Utah. It's the workhorse. Very stable. When used in the yard, I always level the feet. Due to its construction, I can walk up one side and down the other.

Well worth the investment. I bought it when I began doing installation work and needed an extension ladder that would fold up and fit inside my 85 SAAB 900T. It's never let me down.

If you need a little good news...I can tell you first hand having a plate and screws installed is a lot nicer during warm weather, and summer is approaching. Cold weather chills the hardware and just makes the bones ache something fierce. Unfortunately you may still have the hardware when the cold weather comes back. Sorry for your accident.

Last edited:

Easy as that is I sometimes use WebMD.com for medical concerns and I like the site so far. You may want to check it out.

Get Well Soon

So you like worrying about having cancer every time you get a hang nail?

Originally Posted By: jhellwig

Get Well Soon

So you like worrying about having cancer every time you get a hang nail?

?
Did you read Rands post? That is no hangnail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back