Lets see your home defense set ups and lube choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my home defense set up. Wife has Glock and revolver on her side. She likes both of them, and sometimes prefers one over the other. I have the Beretta, AR15, and Remington 870P on my side.

Notice all of them have weapon lights, except the revolver which does not have a rail. I keep a Surefire LX2 with it. Weapon lights are ESSENTIAL in my experience.

guns.jpg

Remington 870P, Elzetta flashlight mount, Malkoff MD2 flashlight, Mesa Tactical 4 rd side saddle, Wilson Combat 2 rd extension, 14 rds of low recoil #1 Federal Buck on board.

AR-15 in the middle is a Colt lower with a BCM mid-length pencil upper, and a Colt carry handle. Has IWC SMC Scout Light Mount, Surefire M600 Ultra scout weapon light, Magpul furniture, Magpul 30 rd magazine loaded with Speer Gold Dot 64 grain ammo.

Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical with Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser, 800 lumens, 16 rds of Speer Gold Dot 124+p

Glock 17, Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser with 300ish lumens, 18 rds of Federal HST 147 grain

Smith & Wesson model 65 .357 magnum, loaded with 125+P Speer Gold Dot .38 special

Lube of choice is Slip 2000 EWL and Breakfree LP (not CLP)

I don't even lock my front or back door and keys are all in the ignition I need that I'd move in a second.

Originally Posted By: dave123
I don't even lock my front or back door and keys are all in the ignition I need that I'd move in a second.
I would never leave my doors unlocked wether I'm home or not and would definitely never leave keys in the ignition and I live in a rural area.

Have you ever considered moving to a better area so you don't have to live with that sort of paranoia all the time?

Most of the time around here the doors are unlocked and open, windows are open, and it's not uncommon to run to town and leave the house unlocked and the garage or shop door open.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Have you ever considered moving to a better area so you don't have to live with that sort of paranoia all the time?

Most of the time around here the doors are unlocked and open, windows are open, and it's not uncommon to run to town and leave the house unlocked and the garage or shop door open.

+1 - exactly my feeling

Not everyone can control where they live entirely, I for one am restricted by income and an employment residency requirement which means I live in a part of town I can't wait to get out of upon retirement.

I am too old school I guess I find weapon lights annoying. I like night sights.

I can't believe bubba didn't post any 1911's!
crackmeup2.gif

I like all kinds but sleep with a 1911 style (gasp) Sig P938 next to me. Don't think I have a pic.

Originally Posted By: Donald

+1 - exactly my feeling

+2. While I wouldn't want to leave things as unnecessary targets for theft, we absolutely go out and away with our garage doors open, windows open, etc. routinely. Now and again the police report in the paper shows that a bike is stolen or a car left unlocked on the street has change stolen from the ashtray, but knock on wood it doesn't get much worse than that.

That said, I am close with folks who live in very rural areas where there is a risk that their homes (and these are large high end places) could be broken into when they're away. So you get home, there's someone in your home, police are a long time and distance away. I get it desiring some level of self protection should that happen. But to the extent shown here?!? No.

You're confusing "paranoia" with preparedness. On the other hand, you're a living nightmare waiting to happen. Walking around in "Condition White" 24/7.

I think those stating paranoia are confusing that with those that enjoy firearms as a collection/hobby and home defense.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Equipped with night-vision. Also doubles as alarm.
cooperhike_zps6ce042ff.jpg

Great looking dog!!

My shepard is mixed with blue heeler, very smart dogs.

2 big dogs and a crossbow? I could have a gun accessible for predator control, but don't feel the need really. Our property is set up so it appears to be high risk to rob, with little reward.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Weapon lights are ESSENTIAL in my experience.

What experience, may I ask?

Extensive.

Originally Posted By: billt460

You're confusing "paranoia" with preparedness. On the other hand, you're a living nightmare waiting to happen. Walking around in "Condition White" 24/7.

sipping-out-coffee-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.