For those fighting the windows 10 upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
...I am sticking with windows 7. It works and has no issues. If it isn't broke why 'fix' it.

Technically, it is broken, and is only breaking more everyday.
Support ended by Windows
Support ended by Third Party Programs
All will or have happened.

Though not "broken" but "abandoned"
the holes left in the OS will eventually cause an issue, with no support to back it up.

Keeps cost low, keeps the company on one track with one operating system so they don't have to have multiple depts. for multiple systems.

On an semi unrelated note:
Nintendo of America still supports older models, I called the number on the back of my SNES a few months back and got a new power cord for 4.95$ shipped, replacing the one lost in moving.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
...I am sticking with windows 7. It works and has no issues. If it isn't broke why 'fix' it.

Technically, it is broken, and is only breaking more everyday.
Support ended by Windows
Support ended by Third Party Programs
All will or have happened.

Though not "broken" but "abandoned"
the holes left in the OS will eventually cause an issue, with no support to back it up.

Keeps cost low, keeps the company on one track with one operating system so they don't have to have multiple depts. for multiple systems.

On an semi unrelated note:
Nintendo of America still supports older models, I called the number on the back of my SNES a few months back and got a new power cord for 4.95$ shipped, replacing the one lost in moving.

I thought Microsoft was continuing to support Windows 7 until 2020? Considering half the world is still using Windows 7 I can't believe MS will just stop supporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back