2016 Santa Fe 2.4 - Cam2 5w20 SynBlend - 4,981mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I wanted to see how good this oil was and if it held up in this D.I. engine. Since I have 6 left of the 10 changes for $100 deal. It was warmed up to operating temp on the highway for about 20 mins, but sat at the dealer for an hour. Then was started for 3-4 minutes and drove into the garage and turned off again. Which as I suspected dumped a bit of fuel without time to burn it off as they found. Which I informed them of in the notes. Filters are OEM. Other than that what do you think?

Blackstone Notes: "Thanks for the notes. There is a trace of fuel in this sample, but that's probably just from normal use, like maybe starting the engine right before taking the sample. It's certainly not enough to call a any sort of fuel system problem. Wear metals are in really good shape compared to universal averages, which show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 5,400 miles on the oil. The viscosity is in the 5W/20 range, so no surprises there. The TBN is strong at 2.6, showing active additive left for a longer run. Try 7,000 miles on the next oil."

Code:
MI/HR on Unit 24,062

Sample Date 4/18/16

Make Up Oil Added 0

ALUMINUM 3

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 7

COPPER 4

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 108

NICKEL 0

MAGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 38

SILICON 11

SODIUM 4

CALCIUM 1719

MAGNESIUM 18

PHOSPHORUS 621

ZINC 722

BARIUM 0

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 52.4

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 8.01

Flashpoint in °F 385

Fuel % TR

Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0

Insolubles % 0.3

TBN 2.6

Looks really nice for a GDI. Viscosity and Flashpoint look good. Low Iron and Aluminum. 6000 miles should still have a 2.0 TBN. We had a similar experience with that engine in the Sonata.

Cam2 did very well in this GDI engine. Really just about as good as Castrol Magnatec. That really says a lot right there.

I had a good report on my employees '14 Sierra 1500 with Cam 2 5/30. He went around 8000 miles, Blackstone said it could've gone a little longer.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Cam2 did very well in this GDI engine. Really just about as good as Castrol Magnatec. That really says a lot right there.

I might stick with it for a bit, low cost and great performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back