Aguila Ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I have had problems with "Blazer" ammo in all of my 9mms. On the other hand I have never had 1 problem with the Perfecta" walmart ammo.

I got the blazer bc I can get it online at $209 (free shipping). I just saw today they have the Aquila.

Last edited:
I've used their .22LR "Supermaximum Hyper Velocity" 30-gr 1700 fps and their 124 gr 9mm with no issues. The 22's smell a little different due to the Eley primers they use, but perform fine.

I've had zero troubles with Aguila ammo. They were profiled in a gun magazine a while back, including a discussion of the production facilities. Can't remember which one, might have been American Rifleman, but the manufacturing facilities for Aguila was a combination of traditional methods and state of the art automation...

I tried the Aguila .30 carbine a few years ago when affordable options in this caliber started getting slim. The ammo functioned fine, although it was not as consistent as the Lake City military surplus that I had been using.

I tried to reload some of the Aguila brass, though, and discovered (after breaking my decapping pin) that some of the flash holes were off center in the brass cases. This made me wonder how much control they have over their manufacturing processes and I stopped using Aguila.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have been trying to find their collbri .22 sub sonic stuff with no luck

Too bad you're across the country! A gun shop near me has cases and cases of the stuff.

I've never even had a hiccup using Blazer in my 9mm. Only ammo I avoid is the steel-cased and large quantity bulk ammo. I believe many manufacturers package the leftovers and odd-lots for bulk purchases. I'm a firm believer that the best-made ammo is in the20-50-100 pks. That's where quality control people generally monitor and use their mikes most with. If it's only semi-close in any variation, then it goes off in the bulk lots.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I've never even had a hiccup using Blazer in my 9mm. Only ammo I avoid is the steel-cased and large quantity bulk ammo. I believe many manufacturers package the leftovers and odd-lots for bulk purchases. I'm a firm believer that the best-made ammo is in the20-50-100 pks. That's where quality control people generally monitor and use their mikes most with. If it's only semi-close in any variation, then it goes off in the bulk lots.

You have proof of this or think it to be true?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Yeah...I don't buy that for a second. I've bought cases of ammo in several varieties from several manufacturers. Inside the cases are the same boxes that your local gun shop sells...so, no different. A case of 30-06, 9mm, 8mm, or whatever (and I've bought battle packs and cases of everything) has always been as good as the individual boxes. The only ammo that I've had trouble with lately is Winchester White box 9mm...bought in, you guessed it, individual boxes of 100 at Wal-Mart.

Next, will you tell me that the Mobil 1 on the rack in individual bottles is better than the Mobil 1 in the 5 QT jug? Or better than the case I bought on Amazon?

Buying by the case saves $$...I see no downside if your ammo budget can handle the larger purchase...and your neighbors don't take notice of the UPS truck dropping off heavy boxes...

I don't shoot a lot but I've shout a few hundred rounds of Aguila 9mm without any issues.

I've had better, more consistent performance with Aguila. I was inaccurate with a case of 124 gr blazer brass and I haven't bought the aluminum stuff in ages as it never extracted well for me.

They way I understand it is Aquila brought in a new management team to address past issues. Supposibly quality is great now. Have no real experience with there products aside from some exotic .22 lr stuff.

Just went throuh a box of 9mm (124 fr. vs 115 gr.) No problems. Accuracy seemed better than blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back