Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
It is actually quite simple: the only 15" tire rated for the requires weight is an ST225/75R15E.

Ugh. Still beating that drum.

Here's the data...

The Maxxis tire is rated for 2,469# with a R speed rating.
Totegoat's trailer is 10,000#.
That puts us as 9,876#. So, we need to make up 125#.
He previously stated in this thread "I don't tow at 80 but do regularly at 70."
With a speed limit of 73 MPH, he has a load capacity of 10,370.

9b3gk6K.png

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
It is actually quite simple: the only 15" tire rated for the requires weight is an ST225/75R15E.

Ugh.

Here's the data...

The Maxxis tire is rated for 2,469# with a R speed rating.
Totegoat's trailer is 10,000#.

You could have stopped there, you just gut-shot your own point. He needs 10,000lbs of tire capacity. The Maxxis tires do not provide it. End of story. Yes, it is that simple.

Look at the chart, Jarlaxle. This is information that I sincerely was hoping you'd figure out for yourself so I didn't have to do this.

At 118 km/h (or 73.3 mph), the Maxxis has an approved load capacity that exceeds 10,000lbs. If he were to run faster then that, that I wouldn't have recommended these tires. However, he made it clear that he tows at 70MPH.

Stubbornly sticking your head in the sand, stomping your feet, and just shouting NO! NO! NO! doesn't change the facts.

The chart matters not. The actual DATA matters not. Two things matter: the weight tag on the trailer showing axle capacity and tire size, the weight rating molded into the tires. That's it! You can scream and stomp your feet all you want, but that is the only thing that matters to the lawyers!

I had good luck with 225 75R 15 E Maxxis ST tires on a prior trailer, but had to special order them.

Will be going with more readily available tires in future.

The chart matters not. The actual DATA matters not. Two things matter: the weight tag on the trailer showing axle capacity and tire size, the weight rating molded into the tires. That's it! You can scream and stomp your feet all you want, but that is the only thing that matters to the lawyers!

For the benefit of Totegoat, let me be abundantly clear: There are no legal issues running this Maxxis tire @ 9,990# GVWR from stationary to 73 MPH.

Rated at 2.469 pounds per tires, that's 9,876 pounds of capacity.

I'd really rather not be at 101% of my tire's capacity going down the highway.

Even if they could handle 10,370 pounds, he'd be at 96.5% of the tire's capacity. No thanks, I'd rather not be at that either.

Carlisle says "ST tires generally offer approximately 10% percent more load capacity than a similar LT tire."

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

For the benefit of Totegoat, let me be abundantly clear: There are no legal issues running this Maxxis tire @ 9,990# GVWR from stationary to 73 MPH.

Keep rereading the post you quoted until it sinks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back