Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA for Castrol Edge with Titanium - European Formula - Made in Belgium
SAE 0w40

i-zwB6VKt.jpg

i-2tnMNzJ.jpg

i-jWvm73V.jpg

i-PD58dnt.jpg

Thanks for the VOAs agpatel! The Castrol and Pennzoil both seem to be great oils, according to the data and results we've seen so far.

Originally Posted By: nicrfe1370
Thanks for the VOAs agpatel! The Castrol and Pennzoil both seem to be great oils, according to the data and results we've seen so far.

No problem! I wanted to do some VOA for some oils I was thinking of using with the same lab I was going to do UOA with to help try and keep data similar. I also didnt see updated VOA for some of the oils like the Pennzoil Plat.

Yes it does - that was my mistake in confusing it with the 0w30 blend, seems like I am past the editing window.

Thanks for the correction!

Zero Moly or Boron, low Calcium with a little bit of Magnesium thrown. Also would have figured the ZDDP levels would be higher. TBN of 9.44 ??? Nothing really stellar about the VOA IMO.

Anyone making any kind of prediction on the performance of this oil based on a VOA is only displaying their ignorance.

Please tell me how it has "nothing stellar" yet manages to carry Longlife-01, A3/B4, Mercedes Benz 229.5 and 229.3, Porsche A40, and VW 505.00 and 502.00? Do you think a little bit of boron thrown in would get it a couple more certs? Why didn't they think of that?

Sometimes the stuff people imagine they know is downright silly as compared to reality.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Anyone making any kind of prediction on the performance of this oil based on a VOA is only displaying their ignorance.

Please tell me how it has "nothing stellar" yet manages to carry Longlife-01, A3/B4, Mercedes Benz 229.5 and 229.3, Porsche A40, and VW 505.00 and 502.00? Do you think a little bit of boron thrown in would get it a couple more certs? Why didn't they think of that?

Sometimes the stuff people imagine they know is downright silly as compared to reality.

Wow bud, maybe you need to calm down a little & actually READ what I wrote. All I said was it didn't look like anything stellar as far as the composition & TBN is concerned. I NEVER said anything about it NOT being a good oil, about it NOT doing it's job or anything related to it's performance as an oil.
I know full well all the certifications this oil has, & all I was saying was that it didn't look like anything exotic or stellar to carry that many certs.

In another thread you said this in regards to it, I guess I just thought you hadn't changed your impression of it since then:

Originally Posted By: Fasttimez
Let's do a comparison shall we......looking at the VOA for both oils, the 0W-40 looks kinda WEAK.

Maybe part of my calming down should be to learn what you mean by "WEAK"?

The thread you referenced I said lets compare the VOA of Royal Purple 5W-30 HPS to the Castrol 0W-40, & it is "weak" in comparison to the amounts of the same additives in each, not to mention a higher TBN. So again, exactly where did I ever say it was a [censored] oil, it won't do it's job or it had subpar performance ??? Maybe you need to step down off of the Castrol Fan Boy Soap Box & stop reading into stuff so much. Both of my comments were made in a literal sense, you however seem to take them as me trashing the oils performance in some way "still waiting for you to show me where I did that".... The world is full of mind readers it seems these days.

Fasttimez

I saw your comments as fairly innocuous and not worthy of the response you got.
I checked out the article link provided about Titanium Oxide function in motor oil and this additive seems impressive which may make the oil better than it looks on paper.

Castrol has never been my go-to oil but maybe this is worth a try. Not sure how Titanium Oxide and a wet clutch motorbike will get on though. More reading to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back