Bosch Distance Plus vs. NAPA Gold oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: car51
... my brother uses them and P1 filters without issue. Take a look at the P1 off my brothers Cadillac 472. Good stuff

I thought you were anti-Purolator ... ?

Well, I cut a BOSCH #3423 late last night and it had 6,000 miles off a 06' supercharged GTO with no tears and M1 0w40

I'm on fence here; as Purolator can make a dam good P1 or PSL filter but make a shoddy, horrible MC filter. I may give the PSL-10241 I have left a 6k run

I'm on fence here; as Purolator can make a dam good P1 or PSL filter but make a shoddy, horrible MC filter. I may give the PSL-10241 I have left a 6k run

Zee0Six: are you anti Puro? Just curious

With all the reported tears, I think 98% of the readers here are by now.

As far as the new Purolator line of oil filters ... well, I've found other filters now that are still better from what I've seen so far.

Very good point and my brother bought a couple FU filters for his GTO finally
smile.gif

Yeah, strange Purolator will tell a member like Texan_4Life to pound sand when he showed them a torn Puro filter. Maybe I'll run the PSL-10241 or donate it to BlueOvalFilter
smile.gif

Very good point and my brother bought a couple FU filters for his GTO finally
smile.gif

Yeah, strange Purolator will tell a member like Texan_4Life to pound sand when he showed them a torn Puro filter. Maybe I'll run the PSL-10241 or donate it to BlueOvalFilter
smile.gif

Purolator Synthetic is a fine oil filter ... I would go ahead and use it.

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Is a pig's [censored] pork?

LoL ... but the part that most don't know is I was a big Purolator fan/advocate (yes, even at 'fanboy' status) before they went to total pig [censored].

That's the part of the story that people forget.

Originally Posted By: bluegillz
Looking to do a 10k OCI on a Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 with Mobil 1 and either a Bosch Distance Plus or a NAPA Gold oil filter.Is one or the other a better filter?

Both are great filters.

I'd go for the Bosch Distance Plus since Bosch promotes them as a extended drain filter.

I'd also suggest the M1EP for a 10,000 mile OCI.

I like the NAPA Gold/Wix out to 7,500 miles.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Is a pig's [censored] pork?

LoL ... but the part that most don't know is I was a big Purolator fan/advocate (yes, even at 'fanboy' status) before they went to total pig [censored].

That's the part of the story that people forget.

I know, I've read some of your past posts.

Well well... That's a fair observation. I believe Zee0six is just interested in a high quality product. Just like you are too.

The Purolator Synthetic filters have been very good all along. It's just that some of the Pureones and Classics had numerous issues. Especially the 14610s. Having stated that, I have run both the Purolator Boss 14610 and regular red 14612 to see what they can offer. I'm getting a cutter Friday to check them both out. I don't believe there will be any issues at all. I'm going to post the pics on here. They have been off and drying out a bit. Is that all right?? Tell ya what though.... Putting that Boss filter on in -5F wind chill temps was for the birds
smile.gif

bbhero - looking forward to your dissections. What filter cutter did you get?

Well I haven't gotten one just yet... Thinking about just getting snips or hopefully a 3 inch pipe cutter. I've used copper pipe cutters before doing plumbing work. So I am familiar with how they work correctly. I know the pipe cutter will be a much cleaner cut. But finding one in a store may be an issue. . and I don't buy stuff online. Good news is there are Home Depot, Lowe's, and tractor supply all near by. Ohh and I have a Fram Ultra 7317 and Fram orange 7317 to do cut too. 4 in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back