flash bainite and 18 wheeler trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.flashbainite.com/
was looking at their web site and found out that they made progress. was wondering ,since not much is welded on a 53 foot trailer .i was looking at the promise this material was giving! men 30% less weight for better machanical properties at lower cost to make!
is there something i am missing? like is is possible to rivet this?

Heat forming and quenching has been used by the automotive industry for many years, to improve strength and reduce weight. This process may have small tweaks to make it patent-able.
Seems like they are pretty aggressive in wanting to protect their intellectual property. Good luck with that while the world zips past you.
Probably not missing anything except it will be very expensive product, and if it needs repair, good luck with that in that it is proprietary. Any repairs will probably need to be overseen by this company.

yvon la,
eason not much is welded to trailer frames is that the materials used are strong, but their properties are such that require extensive post weld heat treatment to get the properties back.

Steel, you are stuck with Young's Modulus being pretty much the same, some more strength less weight means more flexibility and "bend when things get loaded up.

if you saw big rig trailer (dry box) trust me what they offer is a huge improvement over what is on trailer today!

bainite is what form by this process ,flash is the time required to make it happen.read a bit .i suspect a lot of company are copying this method and make sure to not know this is patented .a university thatr looked into it said a similar thing till his student told him that what the garage guy did was confirmed. anyway nevermind that i know this stuff is the deal saw so many test about it over the years it is confirmed . but i dont know if this stuff can be drilled and riveted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back