Mobil Super Synthetic = AC Delco Dexos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody besides me noticed how similar Mobil SS and ACD Dexos look. While the PQIA data on each makes it appear the base might of been a little different they were from roughly a year apart.
Kind of makes me wonder how much GII is actually in ACD Dexos.

I agree with your analysis here. The boron and molybdenum are almost exactly the same. The Dexos synthetic blend has a very low NOACK of 7.9%. It is a very good oil. I've run the Mobil Super Synthetic a number of times. I am a fan of this has a good deal that flies under the radar. Quaker State Ultimate Durability is another one that fits that bill too.

Don't know about their full synthetic, but their blend 5w-30 is impressive on paper. MSDS also shows some esters in the formula, good for start up protection.

There also is a Mobil dexos1 blend available in Canada, in quantities only attractive to dealers. Whether or not it's the same as the AC Delco dexos1 stuff is anyone's guess.

UOA's on the Delco Dexos blend have been about the least impressive of any Dexos oil I've seen posted here. Whether it is the same as Super I have no idea.

A lot of people recently have had good things to say about delco oil. What has been so bad about it in the used analysis? Are people just going to many miles on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back