205/60 13 Tyres too wide for 5.5 inch wide rims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't rub or catch then you can use them, but they'll look like balloons and won't handle all that well.
Are they cheaper than 185s? Why such a drastic change in size?

Look at www.willtheyfit.com for size difference and speedo error..

The tire maker will give an acceptable range. Usually +/- 1.5 inches or so.

They'll fit fine, according to the quick check of wheel width ranges I just looked at for a 205/60R13 tire on TireRack. All they're showing in that size are autocross tires, though, so I kinda have to wonder what your intention is, here...

And contrary to what others are saying, they'll have a shorter sidewall than the 185/70R13s.

According to Tire and Rim, the allowable rim width range for a P205/60R1`3 is 5 1/2" to 7".

Oh and a 1975? So that would be a mark 2! Just an FYI, that year was NOT imported into the US.

Last edited:
should be ok as mentioned most tires in that size will work on a 5.5" to 7" wheel width

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
According to Tire and Rim, the allowable rim width range for a P205/60R1`3 is 5 1/2" to 7".

Oh and a 1975? So that would be a mark 2! Just an FYI, that year was NOT imported into the US.

Yeah the Mk2 was only exported to the US in 76 or 77 right? , you didn't get the 3.0 V6 engine either
So the consensus is they would be ok? the 185s are cheaper btw, i've had them on before but have heard that it's too much for a 5.5 inch rim, i want them mainly to improve handling a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back