The Last Oil Filter You Will Ever Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
..."PurePower's filter, on the other hand, forces the used oil through a fine metal mesh that traps all debris 22 microns and smaller on the first pass."

Right...

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Quote:
..."PurePower's filter, on the other hand, forces the used oil through a fine metal mesh that traps all debris 22 microns and smaller on the first pass."

Right...

Lol what is not to like about 100% first pass efficiency at 0 micron? According to the article the filter will plug instantly and go into bypass imediatly.

i was gona try it for my car but even tho nissan versa is the most sold in canada it look like its not popular enough to make this filter eitist brand list

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Quote:

Right...

Can't be all debris 22 microns and smaller. Probably meant to say 22 microns and larger.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
i was gona try it for my car but even tho nissan versa is the most sold in canada it look like its not popular enough to make this filter eitist brand list

No worries mate. So you're not feeling left out, K&N's (by PP) got the same SS reusable technology for your Nissan at the same price as the topic PP.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=SS-1008

Grab one. That way you don't have worry about massaging any combo valves wid da coconut oil. And more fun and useful to put da lime in the coconut anyway.

^^^
lol.gif

Shush. Darn it. Last timw we spoke about coconut oil in my city price went up 4 time in the same season.is everybody changing their oil at the same time ?

Snake oil filter.

Even if it worked, who wants to clean their oil filter? How would you know it was cleaned correctly?

I don't think it would be that hard to clean properly. I used to have one of the first-generation 4-stroke outboards, a Yamaha 9.9HP. The only oil filter was a tiny screen thingy that screwed into a plug on the back of the engine. The engine took 1qt. of oil. That little engine ran for thousands of hours, mostly at full throttle, with random oil changes every 100-200 hours or so, but I was always amazed how clean the little filter thingy was. I just sprayed it with WD-40 to clean it, or used a toothbrush in some gasoline. What crud was on there came off easily. Not saying it is directly comparable, but my impression was that it is not that hard to clean oil contaminants off a wire mesh.

I can certainly see the appeal in it. It's $250 for my truck, which is more than I'm willing to pay for it at this point.

They're certainly going to need lots of tests backing them up to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back