Pocket 380 wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my LCP for a few months now and never a hiccup or jam. The early models Generation-1 had a few issues. But the ones being produced today G2, are much more reliable.

I carry mine front pocket-naked more times than not. Only use the pocket holster when I must. The Kahr CW380 was my 2nd choice. My next one will be the Kel-Tec .32 ACP pistol.

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Hi, ive got a j frame revolver for ccw however there are times that i need something with a slimmer profile for my pant pockets. I am looking at the glock 42 vs the kahr cw380. Any experience with any of these or any other pocket pistol? My budget is sub-$500. Thanks

I carry a S&W M&P Bodygaurd .380 with the blackhawk holster I have it looks like a wallet or cell phone in my pants pocket. I literally take it everywhere I go and its very comfortable to have with me. If I had the money I would buy a Glock 43 in 9mm its not much bigger and you get a bigger round.

Originally Posted By: JW_Ford
Hi, ive got a j frame revolver for ccw however there are times that i need something with a slimmer profile for my pant pockets. I am looking at the glock 42 vs the kahr cw380. Any experience with any of these or any other pocket pistol? My budget is sub-$500. Thanks

I carry a S&W M&P Bodygaurd .380 with the blackhawk holster I have it looks like a wallet or cell phone in my pants pocket. I literally take it everywhere I go and its very comfortable to have with me. If I had the money I would buy a Glock 43 in 9mm its not much bigger and you get a bigger round.

I think you might be surprised how much bigger a Glock 43 is in actual use. My father in law and I both have small single stack 9mms, and he also has a S&W Bodyguard 380. The 380 is pocketable, the other two are not. Still easy and comfortable to carry IWB, but not pocketable.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10

I think you might be surprised how much bigger a Glock 43 is in actual use. My father in law and I both have small single stack 9mms, and he also has a S&W Bodyguard 380. The 380 is pocketable, the other two are not. Still easy and comfortable to carry IWB, but not pocketable.

Unless your wearing skinny jeans it will fit in your front jeans pocket. I dont know what other single stack 9mm you use but not all guns are the same size. You can find tons of in the pocket holsters and other forums talking about how people like it. Try glocktalk and deffensive carry.

Unless your wearing skinny jeans it will fit in your front jeans pocket. I dont know what other single stack 9mm you use but not all guns are the same size. You can find tons of in the pocket holsters and other forums talking about how people like it. Try glocktalk and deffensive carry.

I carry a 43 all the time and it is not pocketable (for me)-period..unless you wear very very baggy pants and weigh 300 lbs. I carry it OWB. It is a very high carry with the bottom of the holster less than 1 inch below my belt. I wear a sweatshirt over it. You don't own one right?

I pocket carry my lpc. It is the best pocket cary that I have seen. Its 50% blighter than the bodyguard.

Last edited:
I have the Kahr and my partner has the Glock. The Kahr is far smaller, if that's your goal. Both are very reliable however the Kahr is more likely not to like certain ammo, at least in our guns.

Runs like a Swiss watch on ammo it likes however, which is most. JMO.

My EDC is a Sig P938 SAS, but I've like to have a Kahr P380 for times when even the 938 is too big.

FMJ or hard-cast lead only in a .380. I would think that flat-point solid bullets would perform well for self-defense with a .380.

This would seem to be ideal:

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections...iant=1066236304

However, I've heard that the P380 Kahr doesn't like to feed anything but roundnose. Anybody here have one? Is that true?

The Ruger LCP I've owned since January has been feed an assortment of FMJs and HPs, plus the ARX Polys. Every shot fired perfectly. Several hundred customer reviews of each product is why I purchased the Ruger over the Kahr.

Early-on, trouble lurked with the LCP. But the last few years of the Gen2s have produced much higher levels of customer satisfaction.

Now the LCP Custom has arrived and it's another step-up for Ruger Inc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: john_pifer

However, I've heard that the P380 Kahr doesn't like to feed anything but roundnose. Anybody here have one? Is that true?

Funny, my #1 off duty EDC is a Sig P938 also.

My Kahr will run Winchester Defends and PMC Starfires like a clock, both are hollow points that are anything but round.

Does not like cheap ammo though, although the Russian Wolf runs great in it but dirty.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
LCP is the be-all end-all. $225 is about right.

Just got one on Gunbuyer.com for $219

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Be careful with that little pistol........

According to police, a man was tucking a little pistol into his waistband when the gun went off hitting his [censored] and continuing through his left thigh.

Ouch.........

"tucking a little pistol in his waistband" Hmmmmm you mean "Mexican Carry"??

Nobody I know does that.....some guys on the East side of town but they aren't my friends
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Any of them are better than nothing. I really wish I had something smaller than my shield to throw in my pocket but I can pocket carry it if I want to. It prints slightly but that's not a big deal depending on where I'm at.

Have you seen the sneaky Pete holster? There's lots of options.

Also I tried to ankle carry my shield in a DeSantis die hard holster and it's definitely too big unless I'm wearing comically baggy pants. Great holster though

You can get a Desantis pocket holster for $20 on Amazon.

I have been reading about reliability issues and frequent jams with the lcp. Any thoughts?

limp wrist and most all semi-s will FTF...especially the small ones since they have less mass.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I have been reading about reliability issues and frequent jams with the lcp. Any thoughts?

My experience with them has been good at least.. As with any little semi-auto if you limp wrist it, its going to jam. I never owned a Ruger myself, but have shot several and know people who are happy with them. I've got 2 kel-tec .380's. One has never jammed and one would. Sent the problem one back to kel-tec and haven't had a problem with it since.
One of my carry guns is a Kahr CW380. It is a very reliable weapon with a nice trigger. To echo skyactiv, you need a firm grip with these pocket pistols. Before you buy one, make sure you can rack the slide. The Kahr can be a challenge without strong hands, and even worse if your hands perspire.

I have a 42 and love it. It is a big 380 but very reliable and pretty light. I use it with a sticky holster. Perfect for when I wear gym shorts.

Originally Posted By: Doog

You will love it.
The only down sizes are that the slide doesn't stay open on the last round and if you run a few mags through it you get the "shakes" from recoil. But I could care less about those issues. Its not a gun for a prolonged "gun fight"

btw checkj the 4 videos on Youtube by brownells on cleaning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIhgbvNQHA&nohtml5=False

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Doog

You will love it.
The only down sizes are that the slide doesn't stay open on the last round and if you run a few mags through it you get the "shakes" from recoil. But I could care less about those issues. Its not a gun for a prolonged "gun fight"

btw checkj the 4 videos on Youtube by brownells on cleaning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIhgbvNQHA&nohtml5=False

Thanks!!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back