Low Brake Fluid 2009 Ford Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds good, so 500 is reasonable, but as I mentioned, I"ve dented other cars before, and the person i hit went thru insurance, and my insurance had a record of it, but it didn't impact my rate, nor did i pay antyhing for some reason, but, one of the incidents in 2013 or in june 2013, a similar parking lot denting, took place and that increased my rate, and the severity ain all of my annual accidents were similar.

i get in one every year, on average, for some reason.

also, one time, i caught a guy denting my camry and i just let him go. the camry has so many dings and dents, that i just don't care and a body shop quoted me more than 2000 to fix the thing, so i just leave it as is and it's totally fine.

That CC has $2k worth of damage, the door needs a new skin, painted and blended into the adjacent panels.

I can't believe this foolishness has continued so long.

Originally Posted By: engineer20
i get in one every year, on average, for some reason.

Set aside a few days and read the volumes of posts you have made here and on TN. You will then know what the "some reason" is.

of red dupli color "matches ford colors" paint?

Where did your red paint go? There isn't any on the side of the VW that you want us to believe that you ran into.

The damage to the white car is not consistent with a car driving forward into the side of it while it was also moving forward.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mk378
of red dupli color "matches ford colors" paint?

Where did your red paint go? There isn't any on the side of the VW that you want us to believe that you ran into.

The damage to the white car is not consistent with a car driving forward into the side of it while it was also moving forward.

Right, I don't think too many folks fell for E20's latest whopper.

the red paint is for MY Taurus.
I said dupli color ford. It made a black mark for some reason beacsue it was my BUMPER that hit it and bumpers are black. I can take a picture of the taurus and post it soon, just some paint scraped off which I said I'll fix myself by sanding, priming, putting dupli color (inquired about a base coat of chassis paint) etc.

Occupation-Related Discounts

In many cases, you can actually save money on your car insurance simply by being in a “low-risk profession." Careers considered low-risk by auto insurance companies, statistically show that people in these professions exercise risky driving behaviors less often than those in other jobs.

Your car insurance company will make the decision on which occupations they will provide discounts for; however, the following customers will commonly be eligible for discounts:

Engineers.
Scientists.
Teachers and professors.
First responders (e.g., police officers and firefighters).
Nurses.
Pilots.
Certified public accountants.

Has your insurance company approved an occupational discount for you?

Originally Posted By: spackard
Occupation-Related Discounts

In many cases, you can actually save money on your car insurance simply by being in a “low-risk profession." Careers considered low-risk by auto insurance companies, statistically show that people in these professions exercise risky driving behaviors less often than those in other jobs.

Your car insurance company will make the decision on which occupations they will provide discounts for; however, the following customers will commonly be eligible for discounts:

Engineers.
Scientists.
Teachers and professors.
First responders (e.g., police officers and firefighters).
Nurses.
Pilots.
Certified public accountants.

Has your insurance company approved an occupational discount for you?

Oh yeah - that's the ticket - an occupational insurance discount for E20 - this I gotta hear!

I believe I might have had one, but not at the moment, in terms of an insurance discount. Insurance in MI is expensive, I just don't wnat the rate to go up higher, but I have a good rate at the moment, so I'm not complaining.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Doesn't MI have "no fault" auto insurance?

It does, but if you are in an accident and the other party is at fault and your policy has a deductible, then you could collect the amount of that deductible from the other party's insurance.

yes, it's no fault

15dvzaa.jpg

Is this the torque strut mount or no?

http://services.edmunds-media.com/image-...umb-717x475.jpg

You got very lucky for only $500 because you are in a no fault state. It would have probably cost $1000 to $2000 as soon as any spray painting is involved.

which spark plugs would you recommend from this list?

NGK G Power Spark Plug 3.49
Denso Iridium TT Spark Plug: ITV20TT 7.99
Motorcraft Original Equipment Finewire Single Platinum Spark Plug 4.99
Autolite Xp (Xtreme Performance) Iridium Enhanced Fine Wire Spark Plug 6.99
Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plug 4.49

the list goes on, but there are some top candidates.

The motorcraft is platium and only 4.99, since there's a lot of labor charge if i have someone else do it (beacsue the back ones are hard, apparetly, the fronts are easy, though i'll try to diy the whole thing) what about the iridiums since I heard iridium was better than plastium, but the oem is platinum?

How are autolite platium or iridiums, or just use the motorcraft? And who makes motorcraft? Thanks.

what about the iridiums since I heard iridium was better than plastium

You heard correctly, iridium is better than plastium but unobtainium is best.

Beware that you'll see a lot fake unobtainium plugs on Ebay.

Last edited:
I recommend the brand and model listed in your owner's manual or under the hood.

You can of course try anything you want, but if things doesn't work, you have to figure out why (as in is it the plug or is it you who install it wrong). Given the track record this is a very high probability.

Engineer20 was locked, i'm back as detroitengineer.

Anyways, I bought motorcraft platinum spark plugs, a 4 pack for 2.45 each plug as half off, normal price 4.99. I got them half off at this advance auto that was closing, so there was a storewide 50% off sale, and then I bought the remaining 2 plugs at another advance auto for 4.99, which is the oem one, even if the computer at advanced says oem is iridium, because the dealer sells the same motorcraft platinum plug. I checked my front plugs and they were motorcraft platinums, and they were a little oily on the side, not horrible, but could use a changing for maintenance.

Do the motorcraft spark plugs come pregapped or no? Thanks. ANd will wobble extensions help with the rear spark plugs, as I heard u joints can help, but what about wobble extensions which I recently bought on sale at harbor freight for 9.99? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back