Limbsaver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
It really depends on the conditions in your home - what safeguards we apply and how often. There's really many variables that take both sides of the equation. I haven;t used a couple shotguns in my safe for at least 15 years. They are fine, after every yearly inspection and I live in the humid North Midwest.

My precautions are working just fine and it's really not difficult to maintain, not letting that gun safe get above 55% humidity in the humid summer and that rust inhibitor I used 15 years ago, still working. Thank you Birchwood-Casey.

But do you own a Limbsaver Recoil Pad?

More than one Tote!
When storing those MLs upside down, the Limbsaver remains whole / unaffected. I did notice it stuck to the gun safe carpeting the first couple years I had the Limbsaver (around 2002-2003. Then I adopted the upside down storage for my muzzleloaders and the Limbsavers do not exhibit those side effects anymore.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
More than one Tote!
When storing those MLs upside down, the Limbsaver remains whole / unaffected. I did notice it stuck to the gun safe carpeting the first couple years I had the Limbsaver (around 2002-2003. Then I adopted the upside down storage for my muzzleloaders and the Limbsavers do not exhibit those side effects anymore.

Thanks, seems like Limbsaver would step up with directions on storage or a disclaimer if the weapon is stored on recoil pad down. Apparently Limbsaver doesn't care to discuss their melting pads.

I store my inline muzzleloaders upside down so the breechplug doesn't get a drop or two of storage oils from inside the bore. In the past couple years, I've been keeping the breechplugs out of the rifle and inside a sandwich bag. Then I attach the sandwich bag to my ramrod. That way when I remove the muzzleloader from the safe, the breechplug comes out attached and a light bulb goes off inside my head, to install it before leaving for deer camp....lol

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I've got Limbsavers mounted on two rifles: an AR-15 and a DPMS LR-308 (AP4 carbine model). They're great. They clip over the adjustable carbine stock and make the rifles very soft shooting. The AR-15 becomes a great rifle for teaching new shooters: already low recoil softened by the Limbsaver.

No melting yet...
Any new or shooting an AR the first time always ends up with a huge smile for some odd reason.

Yeah. It's funny how much people enjoy it. Easy to shoot, light weight, minimal recoil. Just as it was designed to be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back