"Vintage" Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is a time and place for carbon fillament old style bulbs. We have a few hanging from some fixtures more for mood light and a look in an old home than for utility.

Lighting has come leaps and bounds since then, and 3000K LEDs are about as perfect as Ive found.

The warm orange light, though not terribly "illuminating", especially for the consumption, is still pleasing sometimes.

I have fixtures here and there in the house that have had the same bulbs in them for fifteen, or more, years. They are on for such a short duration (i.e. a hallway, laundry room, closet, attic) that there's no point in spending good money to replace them with anything. Any lights in the house that are on for more than fifteen minutes at a time have been replaced. I mostly have LED's now with just a few CFL's remaining. Years ago I learned to buy 130V incandescent bulbs. They make a little less light in the same wattage as a 120V bulb but they last ten times as long.

I have several types of LED bulbs including the ones that appear to have "filaments." They are surface mount LED strips with a phosphor coating. In the standard bulb size each "filament" makes about 100 Lumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back