Super weeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the use of increasingly stronger chemicals to kill weeds causing the development of "super weeds"?

Over the past couple of years here in southern California we have been invaded with new and stronger and faster growing weeds. They are all over the place and if left alone grow to over 4' tall. Some are fuzzy with hollow stems. If they make contact with your skin it itches.

Ten years ago these weeds were nowhere to be seen. Could this be revenge of the weeds?

Run them alongside or in front of your side-drive or backyard fence for privacy.

Do they spit flowery-bud seeds and travel? Can you take a pic and show us what they look like?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
I've heard of a lot of "super" Weed coming from Cali....

oh wait...

3126.gif

We have those here in Texas too. Hollow and grow crazy fast.
You hit them with a weedeater and get showered.
You have to dig them up.

Just a matter of time before weeds become resistant... thank you Monsanto and Roundup Ready nonsense.

I doubt the cultivators will need to return as an major farm implement, but if genetic engineering by the majors fail, it would.

Last edited:
Well buy your Roundup now; it's going to be banned soon. The writing's on the wall.

What's getting me is the seeds blowing up in the wind, settling out of the air in wind-sheltered areas. Enough to fill a 9 gallon trash can in a week. Problem started in 2008, worse every year since.

Originally Posted By: spackard
Well buy your Roundup now; it's going to be banned soon. The writing's on the wall.

The EPA and Monsanto are a team. They work together. Monsanto is the problem.

What's getting me is the seeds blowing up in the wind, settling out of the air in wind-sheltered areas. Enough to fill a 9 gallon trash can in a week. Problem started in 2008, worse every year since.

There are traces of Roundup in your and my urine. Monsanto's money maker will not go anywhere. Why are their CEO's show up in FDA/EPA board of directors and such?

My yard is super weed free, with 15, then 10, and then 5 minutes of sunbathing per week. Get a screwdriver and throw the weeds in the BBQ for a quick start and sure removal of seeds/roots. Maintaining the lawn the old fashioned way is not hard, unless you have become 500lb by avoiding house chores. Coolant works good in driveways, for tree huggers boiling water.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Dandelions are the ones with the hollow stems.

Yes! 4 foot hollow dandelions.

Quote:
I've heard of a lot of "super" Weed coming from Cali....

oh wait...
lol.gif
Considering the title, that was inevitable.

Not sure it's considered super weed, but when first moved to the South was introduced to Kudzu. That stuff grows like wildfire and envelops everything in it's path.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

The EPA and Monsanto are a team. They work together. Monsanto is the problem.

What out for the Black Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back