Two Hudson Hornets at a car show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: old1
Darned if I see any oil filter in any of the engine pictures

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
If you haven't seen the movie Cars, you should, it's a good movie.

My Nissan (4WD) is "Lightning", the Caprice is "Doc", and my E30 was "Sally"...no I didn't name them.

My grandfather was a Hudson man back in that era, my mom and uncle still talk about those cars. I believe he owned a hornet club coupe, with the twin carbs.

Very cool cars. Why did Hudson fail? I thought (maybe wrong) they were as good or better than anything else on the road at the time.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
When I was in high school, the Hudson was the darling of NASCAR. Hard to believe. I remember that a Hudson selling point was the step-down design safety features that had the floor board located between the frame rails. I believe Hudson used a Continental flat head six.

It was their own engine. They used an alloy cast iron block. It was part of their advertising, guaranteed not to wear out. The hornet was a lighter, smaller body with the biggest engine and then hopped up some. One of my cousins owned one. He used to drive the wheels off it. My aunt, one of my dad's sisters, worked at Hudson in the office for over 20 years. The Hudson cars were luxury cars, very plush.

I really like the Hudsons of that era. One of a very few cars of the time that actually looked good as a 4 door.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Talk about an incredible find! I've never seen a Hudson Hornet in person, nada, never at any of the car shows.
Many thanks for posting. I always love seeing these old cars.

Originally Posted By: old1
Darned if I see any oil filter in any of the engine pictures
On the sedan, driver's side engine photo, firewall side air cleaner. The oil filter is directly below. I thought it was a fuel pump when I first looked at the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back