Purge Valve and Purge Solenoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting an P0455 on GMC. Most mentioned it was common Evap code and to replace purge solenoid and or Evap purge valve. They were marked on the box as such but I took both pieces out and they looked exactly the same. I installed the Solenoid in the front/top engine, just a little clip kept it in, pretty easy. Where does the evap purge valve go and is it inside or attached to the evap cannister? Are they the same part-evap purge valve and purge solenoid- just in different locations? Could someone give me the "kids book" version of their function and help me with this?

Being a GMC I assume a pick-up truck? YR I know what you are talking about. The other part is a Vent Valve. Its located in the area of the Fuel Tank.

Look underneath the rear of your vehicle same side as the gas cap and see if you see the valve attached to your charcoal canister or a hose down under there.

On my Toyota the vent valve is integral to the vapor canister so I had to replace the whole unit.

Look on youtube for a video.

Just a update (I know, big deal eh?)...

Replaced the evap and light has been out for a week. Filled up twice, no light. Pleased with it.

I took the old evap and unhitched the sides and took it apart. I was surprised by the filter quality (bad) and we had blown it out the week before so it was clean in that evap cylinder. So I wouldn't think any issue there. There was a small piece connected which I couldn't take apart. So what I trying to figure is why...the old part appeared clean unless it was the extended piece connected to it which I couldn't open.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back