Biometric Federal ID Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think we should all simply have a Federal biometric ID card that identifies us all with a combination of fingerprints, retinal scan and DNA code? This would be an encrypted ID that could have all of our infromation imbedded in it including passport, drivers license, concealed carry permits, credit history, educational records as well as any criminal records, records of mental illness, domestic violence etc.

That way we could easily identify who is undesirable or here illegally in our population.

Last edited:
NO

Quote:
That way we could easily identify who is undesirable or here illegally in our population.

We can already easily identify those people. All your super ID will do is track/control everyone else.

We don't need to give up any more of our freedoms for security.
We will not be free or secure. So programmed by TV.

Originally Posted By: hatt
NO

Quote:

We can already easily identify those people. All your super ID will do is track/control everyone else.

+1 The last thing I want is a big brother situation.

Trolling.gif

Not even going to. I'll just sit here and

36.gif

I had one called a "CAT" card (Common Access Card) like you mentioned while working. When I retired turned it in.

Had everything you mentioned but not sure about DNA code?

the "Real Id Act", social security card, etc. Cell Phones, etc., all provide a wealth of information.

Our country was based on immigration and killing native americans. Just because you are a citizen doesn't make you better than someone else who also wants to live here.

There has been talk of putting computer chips in people for decades. It was only a matter of time. It will be here soon enough unless there is a complete reset.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Does anyone think we should all simply have a Federal biometric ID card that identifies us all with a combination of fingerprints, retinal scan and DNA code? This would be an encrypted ID that could have all of our infromation imbedded in it including passport, drivers license, concealed carry permits, credit history, educational records as well as any criminal records, records of mental illness, domestic violence etc.

NO.

No need. We are already too controlled by the government and corporations.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I had one called a "CAT" card (Common Access Card) like you mentioned while working. When I retired turned it in.

Had everything you mentioned but not sure about DNA code?

the "Real Id Act", social security card, etc. Cell Phones, etc., all provide a wealth of information.

CAC, not "'CAT' card".

CAC's can hold a lot of information, but they're typically used to store PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) information, allowing access to systems, the ability to encrypt/decrypt systems, etc.

At least with military and civilian CAC's and tokens that I've experienced, there isn't any implemented biometrics, at least at my level of clearance. Mine simply holds my name, title, and PKI. I choose which cert to use and apply the associated PIN. The card, by itself, mostly is worthless. A lot of outward Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., ssn) has been removed from most CAC's, listing only ID (e.g., DOD ID) numbers.

Please don't read the above as refuting implementation, current or future, of biometrics; I'm simply stating my limited experience with mil and civ.

//

With all of that above out of the way, I have no problem (probably due to the nature of my jobs) having almost everything about me on file. I enjoy quick and easy travel, access to some cool stuff, and other perks.

Most people don't travel and don't need a high level of scrutiny for normal every-day purposes, so I can understand being alarmed at any attempt to gather bulk information on many people who are not a threat and don't interact with anything requiring their information to be gathered or stored.

The major concern that I continue to have, is when the secured, encrypted databases are breached, and all of that "protected" information is spread out across the world, to be used by the highest nefarious bidder(s). I've not experienced any negative side effects of the various low and high-level breaches in the past (e.g., Target breach), but that just means my risk percentage rises each time, right?

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Trolling.gif

Not even going to. I'll just sit here and

36.gif

read up dude....it's already being done.

https://www.fbi.gov/foia/privacy-impact-assessments/iafis-ngi-risc

My post was based on what I suspected the response from this forum would be, not the validity/likelihood/etc of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back