2015 VW Golf TDI Mobil1 ESP 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the results back from Blackstone, not too sure exactly how to read this, I just know my TBN is good for a few more thousand miles, also is the silicon a serious issue?

JPJFjzn.jpg

The silicon isn't causing additional wear. Just check the intake for leaks and retest in another 10k unless the owner's manual allows you to go longer. All is well here.

ok it maybe from me periodically checking my air filter every month. I did this a few times until I read that its bad for the seal to remove and reseal it.

Originally Posted By: dothedrew1202
ok it maybe from me periodically checking my air filter every month. I did this a few times until I read that its bad for the seal to remove and reseal it.

That's likely. Leave it for 10k and try again.

Awesome numbers. It amazes me when see great numbers with low saps oils. I haven't done oil analysis on my tdi 2011 golf and generally do not run oil past 7500 miles; but have used low saps oils throughout and vehicle has 207000 miles on it. I have never added makeup oil either. I did have dpf replaced under warranty at 72000 miles. The engine light comes on now and reads as poor egr flow. Took it to local shop and would likely have to replace dpf again-but am waiting for the VW fix as car runs fine with same mileage get solid 38-39 miles per gallon. The weird thing about the engine light is it never comes on when weather is cold under forty degrees. However it comes on usually within a mile of first starting or when restart car when weather is 50 or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back