Cost, Effectiveness and Deployment of Fuel Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cost, Effectiveness and Deployment of Fuel Economy Technologies for Light-Duty Vehicles

Committee on the Assessment of Technologies for Improving Fuel Economy of Light-Duty Vehicles, Phase 2; Board on Energy and Environmental Systems; Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences; National Research Council

https://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA100105618.PDF

Basically a look at the technologies used, the technologies available, and the costs to the end consumer of adopting various technologies.

Quote:
PrefaceIn 2012, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed significant new fuel economy/greenhouse gas emission standards for light-duty vehicles. These standards will require the new vehicle fleet to double in fuel economy by 2025. Importantly, the vehicle manufacturers and suppliers by and large supported these new regulations. However, the manufacturers understandably had reservations in light of the aggressive nature of the standards. In order to address such concerns and meet statutory regulations, the Agencies proposed a mid-term review of the fuel economy standards. This review is to be completed by April 2018 in order to finalize the 2022-2025 standards. The Committee on Assessment of Technologies for Improving the Fuel Economy of Light-Duty Vehicles, Phase 2, was established upon the request of NHTSA to help inform the mid-term review. Our committee was asked to assess the CAFE standard program and the analysis leading to the setting of the standards, as well as to provide its opinion on costs and fuel consumption improvements of a variety of technologies likely to be implemented in the light-duty fleet between now and 2030. The committee took the implications of our work very seriously, given the large potential impacts of the CAFE/GHG rules on the environment, consumers and vehicle manufacturers.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
613 pages... I'll start reading after I finish my copy of Matthew Brzezinsky's Red Moon Rising...

+1 sure "fine" stuff, from the so called occult ruler, behind Mr. pr...

613 pages... I'll start reading after I finish my copy of Matthew Brzezinsky's Red Moon Rising...

Ah nah, thats the sputnik guy.

I was thinking somehow about the Zbigniew Brzezinsk ...

Originally Posted By: Pontual

Ah nah, thats the sputnik guy.

I was thinking somehow about the Zbigniew Brzezinsk ...

that's his uncle I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back