Aftermarket remote start-still use factory remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2006 Lacrosse that came with an Astrostart remote starter system, and no factory remotes. I was curious if I programmed a factory remote, would it work (coexist with the aftermarket system), kick off the aftermarket system, or not even work at all?? I got the car used with 2 keys and only one remote. The Astrostart remote is terrible- you have to hold the buttons for like 3 seconds and they are all really tiny. SO, if I bought something like this: Amazon GM remote and programmer would it work? Anyone know if an aftermarket remote start system can coexist with a factory remote (to be clear, I wouldn't buy a factory remote with the remote start feature. I know that wouldn't work. I just want a 4 button remote. )

Our old Jeep had an aftermarket remote start system that worked with the factory key fob. You just pressed the lock button 3 times to start it. I have no idea what brand the system was though.

It wasn't really clear, but I want to use a remote without remote start (for the summer/spring/ fall when I don't need remote start). So I would have one of each that I could choose between.

Yes, directed (dei) sells many kits that will allow for this functionality. They have a great website that will give you install instructions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back