This item appears to be much better than claying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this just a generic version of nanoskin?

Because that is the product that is supposed to be much better than clay and has lots od amazon reviews to prove it.

If I were you I'd replace my clay purchase with nanoskin before trying this other thing

Originally Posted By: raytseng
Is this just a generic version of nanoskin?

Because that is the product that is supposed to be much better than clay and has lots od amazon reviews to prove it.

If I were you I'd replace my clay purchase with nanoskin before trying this other thing

This is what I love about this group-Hearing about and hearing suggestions other products that you never heard before!

Originally Posted By: wn1998
I have used my cobra clay mitt on three cars and it has cut my clay time by 75%! I got an entire Jetta smooth as glass in about 6-8 minutes. That would take me at least 40 minutes with an old school clay bar!

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-clay-mitt.html

Can that Cobra clay mitt be reused over and over again? That looks like a real time saver!

JCI, the clay mitt can be used over and over again. I have used it on 3 cars and it show almost no wear at all! If I get 10-15 cars out of it, it will pay for itself just in time saved!

That sponge looks a lot like the CG clay block I have. I really like it, but still have a couple actual clay bars. The clay bars work well, but the newer stuff seems much faster and easier. My 03 Maxima had certainly NEVER been clayed before. I got it handled in about 20 minutes or so with the clay block. Would have taken much longer with the regular clay bar.

I'm going to have to try this nanoskin sponge. This weekend I did my annual claying, glaze polishing, and hand waxing, and that claying took a while.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
That sponge looks a lot like the CG clay block I have. I really like it, but still have a couple actual clay bars. The clay bars work well, but the newer stuff seems much faster and easier. My 03 Maxima had certainly NEVER been clayed before. I got it handled in about 20 minutes or so with the clay block. Would have taken much longer with the regular clay bar.

Did you season it, by using on glass or something like that first before using on your paint?

Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I have the nano skin scrub sponge and love it. No more clay bar for me.

Can you use the regular clay lube or spray detailer with it, or do you have to buy their nanoskin glide? A 16 oz. bottle is $13, but you dilute it, so it would go a very long time.

Originally Posted by ryanschillinger

The Chemical Guys clay block? Can you rinse it and reuse it, or is it good for only one claying of the car?

And can their lube be used afterward as a detail spray?

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Originally Posted by ryanschillinger

The Chemical Guys clay block? Can you rinse it and reuse it, or is it good for only one claying of the car?

And can their lube be used afterward as a detail spray?

Yes and Yes.

Originally Posted by Benzadmiral
Originally Posted by dan_erickson
I have the nano skin scrub sponge and love it. No more clay bar for me.

Can you use the regular clay lube or spray detailer with it, or do you have to buy their nanoskin glide? A 16 oz. bottle is $13, but you dilute it, so it would go a very long time.

Better yet, use clean wash water. If you're using a decent soap it will have all the lubricity you need and be MUCH cheaper.

I've used the Nanoskin sponge, and also a surf city version I got at WalMart on clearance. Both are great. I was skeptical at first, and worried about swirls, but now that I've used these products, I'll never go back to clay.

Any time I clay you I plan on polishing afterwards, weather it is with a clay bar, towel or sponge. Hard to not mar the surface no mater how much lube you use.

I've ordered the Chemical Guys clay bar alternative and lube bottle kit, and will report on it when I use it on the car next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back