Cannot DEFEAT these WATER SPOTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have made "some progress" but I want them gone. The glass is clean clean clean BUT it has waterspot "shadows".

Have tried...
Four hand passes of Meg's water spot remover
Vinegar
Amonia
Lemon juice fresh
Orange peel concentrate
Invisible Glass Spray
Borax

Havnt tried...
Bon-Ami
???????

http://www.ceramabryte.com/

This stuff gets the same kind of water spots off my shower door. Its technically for smooth ceran top stoves but knocks out water spots pretty good. Get it at Lowes, Home Depot, etc... where ovens and stuff are sold. You have to rub it on pretty vigorous and let it dry to a haze. Probably don't get it on the paint.

This was the case with my 1995 Defender. Drove me crazy after I polished the rest of the truck.

I used Duragloss NG glass water spot remover in conjunction with a dual action orbital polisher using an orange abrasive pad. Even so, it took a fair amount of polishing to get the glass to be spot free.

Duragloss NG

Last edited:
get a mobile pressure wash company to wash it with a two step wash. if he doesnt know what that is go to the next wash company. They use hydroflouric acid as the first step which will take that etching off. I was a wash mobile wash guy for a few years.

Last edited:
You need a solvent. Or at least something with a bit of petroleum distillate. Try nufinish or straight gasoline on a rag.
smile.gif

Whoa, the suggestions are all over the place lol.

Just get some detailing spray or a bucket of soapy water and use a clay bar, and use the water as a lubricant.

+1 to the 0000 steel wool. It will work better than all the other stuff. Just make sure it's 0000 otherwise it could scratch the glass.

An idea just appeared to me.

Please delete and not read if you aren't willing to document this process or carry it out in fulfillment. It may take several days. Just as it took years to get this way (probably) it may take days and weeks or more to correct. So DO NOT expect showroom results in minutes or a few hours. If you will go for it, then proceed.......

Speaking from experience, if Clay Magic glass clay doesn't do it; wool and a high speed orbital with Megs 105 cutting compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back