Nexen Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BMOC
If you have the money, spend it on ANYTHING BUT Michelin LTX's. My dad has them on his F250, and a co-worker has them on his 2012 Duramax. Worth the money imo.

Fixed by someone who actually had a set of LTX's... instead of someone speaking from second hand experience at best.

Most expensive set of tires I've ever bought, and by far the WORST set.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
If you have the money, spend it on Michelin LTX's M/S2's. My dad has them on his F250, and a co-worker has them on his 2012 Duramax. Worth the money imo.

Fixed by someone who actually had a set of LTX's... instead of someone speaking from second hand experience at best.

Re-fixed by somebody who has had at least five sets of LTX M/S and M/S2 tires on three different vehicles
wink.gif

Worst set how? Just curious to hear your experience. The F250 did fine in all the snow we had recently, and has over 50,000 miles on the set with plenty of life. As far as second hand goes, I work on a lot of trucks with LTX's, as well as my father's which I have driven his truck a lot and multiple others with LTX's. I have put thousands of miles on LTX's, please explain how I have second hand experience? Because I didn't pay for the tires on a vehicle that isn't mine? Or the fact that I know how many miles multiple trucks have went on a set?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Re-fixed by somebody who has had at least five sets of LTX M/S and M/S2 tires on three different vehicles
wink.gif

+1 on the M/S2's

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Anyone heard of this brand or have any experiences with it? I see it rated fairly highly on a few sites, but I have not seen this brand before.
I should have clarified that I am looking for a new set of tires for my 2014 Explorer (255/50-20) and the Nexen tires did stand out because they are much cheaper than the other mainstream tires and they received very good reviews. Hankook Optimo H426 are the OEM tires and at 36K they are shot. Most of the "main" brand tires in this size are over $200 each. Not that I am a cheapskate, but the Nexens are between $50 and $100 less per tire versus the others.

I had a set of Nexen CP672 on my Civic when I got it used, I was really happy with them for their overall ride quality and quietness, but they started needing to be topped up with air periodically and I took them in as part of my tire warranty when I had owned the car only a year, they claimed the one tire especially was just porous, as in, totally defective and they found several small holes all over the tire. I had another one that was not half as bad and I assumed it was just the same thing as the other tire. I just got rid of them and installed the Pilot AS/3's. A bit of a shame since the other tires still had lots of tread left. I won't buy them again now though.

The CP672 was a CR (or maybe other) top pick if I recall correctly.

Are they the Roadian tires you are looking at?

I ask because my co-worker has them on his Acadia and he has 50k on them. I just asked him how is experience is with them. He said "They have been great and I've had no issues with them what so ever".

Last edited:
Nexen is a major tire company based in Korea. They are an OEM supplier on cars sold in the developed world, which is not something you find with the total no-name cheap tire brands.

They have some tires that get some decent ratings and others that might not.

Originally Posted By: geekster

I ask because my co-worker has them on his Acadia and he has 50k on them. I just asked him how is experience is with them. He said "They have been great and I've had no issues with them what so ever".
Yes; it is the Nexen Roadian HP SUV Tires that I am currently looking at.

Honestly I would go for them. They seem to be a good tire for the money. That's just my opinion, but $50-100 per tire is a big difference to me.

I am using Nexen Winspike tires. These are my first winter tires but I hate them. Terrible in wet, simply dangerous. No brakes, no acceleration. They are fine below -10 but who cares if I can make an accident when it is not that cold.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Another foreign made tire people buy because they put an emphasis on price than supporting made in the USA.

Well......at least your clear on your agenda-got to respect that!

wink.gif

+1 on the M/S2's

These two tires are not even competitors to each other. (Nexen/Michelin). Any comparison is foolish.

If you have the money, spend it on Michelin LTX's M/S2's. My dad has them on his F250, and a co-worker has them on his 2012 Duramax. Worth the money imo.

wink.gif

We have several sets in the driveway right now. LTX MS and MS2 may be one of Michelin's best ever, but my PSS's are great too.

I can't wait until Falken tires start being US-made (Sumitomo got one of Goodyear's factories in upstate NY when they stopped their partnership).

Are they the Roadian tires you are looking at? I ask because my co-worker has them on his Acadia and he has 50k on them. I just asked him how is experience is with them. He said "They have been great and I've had no issues with them what so ever".
Honestly I would go for them. They seem to be a good tire for the money. That's just my opinion, but $50-100 per tire is a big difference to me.
I pulled the trigger and ordered them. I will report back when I have them installed and driven it long enough to give some feedback.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Another foreign made tire people buy because they put an emphasis on price than supporting made in the USA.
Says the guy with an Audi and a VW? What is made in the USA anymore anyway? Both of my vehicles are Fords made of global parts. I try to purchase made in the USA more often than most, but it is becoming harder and harder to do so.

tirerack link Has a section in the "specs" where you can see if your size and/or tire is made in the USA. It is still possible to buy American. When looking for my Chevy Cruze, I picked the one which had the American engine and transmission. There are foreign engines and transmissions also available for this model. But overall you're right. It's getting harder to buy stuff made here.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
The tire hierarchy goes like this in my mind. Each brand has outliers, of course.

Top - Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc

Mid - Falken, Kuhmo, Sumitomo, etc

Low - Nexen, Nankang, Firestone, etc

FAI - (Fogettaboutit) - Ohtsu, Primewell, etc.

Why do you rank Bridgestone so far above Firestone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back