ProGauge PGO-4612 Oil Filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
China [censored] or what? I can't seem to find details.. They appeared on amazon when I was looking for filter deals, I am a wix guy but just got curious about these..

Last edited:
Based on the Amazon description stating "TS 16949 and ISO Quality Certified" and "100% Leak Tested" printed on the dome end, safe assumption the PGO is made in China. Those are all signs consistent with China coo oil filters posted here over time like the Pentius and Driveworks. The ISO certs are more construction specs not efficiency specs, the latter of which are rarely if ever published with made in China oil filters. Also it likely uses a coil retainer spring (same as Wix, Baldwin) and metal endcap construction. Now whether that makes them "[censored]" is in the eye of the purchaser.

I would say with the many US made filters or filters from manufacturers with a major US manufacturing presence that are very reasonably priced, I'd 'generally' stick with them if given the choice.

So I'd likely stick with noted Wix or Napa Gold, same filter. The latter of which can purchased in many areas on sale at local Napa twice yearly sales making them the same or many cases less than the topic'd PGO.

$4.50 is a lot of money! Prontos are $1.50.
laugh.gif

The fonts on the box imply a similarity, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back