What should I use for my next oic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stash of oil with a few different brands to choose from for my Accord and GP that I have bought on sale over the past two years for under $2 a quart. I will be coming up on another oil change this spring with the Accord, 3.5 V6 with VCM. Also, with my new job I do all city driving now and it is 8 miles each way to and from work. One more thing is that the car has been on a steady diet of M1 0w20 EP from the day I changed out the FF.

I have to choose from:
Castrol Edge black bottle 0w20
Valvoline Synpower 0w20
Pennzoil Plat Pure Plus 5w20, I do not think the car will know the difference that it is 5w20 and not 0w20
Franken Brew: 2 quart M1 0w20 EP, 1 quart M1 0w30, 1 quart M1 0w40, 1 quart PPPP 5w20 to bring it to the full level.

I have one Fram Ultra left to use too

Whatever you've had the longest
smile.gif

I would use the Castrol Edge or Val Synpower until the stash is gone until the warranty is up. After that, the 5w-20.

I've got a 2013 Pilot EX-L with same motor as your Accord. It has had a steady diet of sale/clearance priced 0w-20 NAPA Synthetic and Mobil 1 EP since new. I keep diligent records for warranty purposes. I stick to the OLM to 5-10%.

I would save Frankenbrew for GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back