Pennzoil platinum high mileage users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lots of people have reviews or comments about various high mileage oil's helping stop leaks and what not. I know Pennzoil platinum high mileage is newer and therefore I can't find any reviews. Anyone have any experience especially with stopping leaks?

I have never had any luck stopping a leak in my Jeep with anything.
Have tried thicker oils, high mileage, convetional and synthetics. It still leaks some. Not enough to even add between oil changes.

Good luck with your leak. Let me know if you find something and I might give it a try also

Whell duh, with an externally lubricated engine
wink.gif
I think it was designed for rust prevention. Works well btw, no rust and I hit every puddle, headlights deep
laugh.gif

Seriously though, fix the leak, nothing happens if nothing happened. Even if it quits, it's only fpr short time.

I had a rear main leak on my 4.0 in the XJ in my sig, MaxLife full syn did stop it from leaking on the ground-but at 223K & 18 years old, I figure a rear main seal (& likely a Speedi Sleeve on the crank surface) is in my future.

Some small leakage on a high-mileage Lexus (one of the valve cover gaskets and one or two spark plug grommets) we have dropped dramatically when going from 5w-30 PP to 10w-30 M1 HM. I lost 1 qt of the PP in the last 7.5k OCI w/5w-30, and no measureable oil with the M1 HM 10w-30 in the 1st 2.5k of the interval (then I changed the gaskets and plug seals). I am in western WA and have no need for the 5w, really. In FL, you could also try going to 10w-xx if that is an option for your engine.

Which car in your sig are you talking about?

Last edited:
I've posted my story here before. My odyssey has 120000 miles and I switched to PP and after about 3,000 miles it developed leaks all over. I credit it to the pp cleaning out some false seals. Anyway I replaced the Vtech seal but the rear main is dripping and perhaps a bit from the oil pump under the timing cover. Anyway I switched to Pennzoil High Mileage and the leaks slowed to almost nothing but a few drips a week. I like the cleaning ability of the PP but need something that has extra seal conditioners in it an it's Maxlifes turn next but I was just wondering if anyone had tried the new PP High Mileage version yet

Originally Posted By: Jake777
I've posted my story here before. My odyssey has 120000 miles and I switched to PP and after about 3,000 miles it developed leaks all over. I credit it to the pp cleaning out some false seals. Anyway I replaced the Vtech seal but the rear main is dripping and perhaps a bit from the oil pump under the timing cover. Anyway I switched to Pennzoil High Mileage and the leaks slowed to almost nothing but a few drips a week. I like the cleaning ability of the PP but need something that has extra seal conditioners in it an it's Maxlifes turn next but I was just wondering if anyone had tried the new PP High Mileage version yet

In October I just started running 5w30 PP HM in my 1998 Avalon XLE (after running Maxlife for years), and it isn't leaking and runs like a top. Is your Avalon running PP and running well?

Last edited:
I'm using it in my Camry, changed the oil last week and only have 2-300 miles on it so far, seems like any other oil I've used in it.

I don't have any leaks so I can't say anything about leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back