Pennzoil Gold 0w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the tough part... can you actually get it, without buying it over the internet?

GM (with its dexos spec) seems to be pushing the drive away from conventional, and towards semi-synthetic for warranty purposes.

As a result, we're probably going to start seeing an marked improvement in the numbers on the semi-syn blends.

I've been using Gold for a few years now in everything that I drive (from a Town and Country minivan, to a V-10 powered motorhome), and I honestly don't see myself ever going back to Platinum.

There's little reason for me to even use Platinum. Since SOPUS likes to screw me over on the rebates, I'm not buying it anymore.

mrsilv04, as a matter of fact I have been building a small stash of this stuff, purchased ,believe it or not, at my local grocery store (ingles). They keep a complete stock, in 0w20,5w20, and 5w30. Cost is $4.98 a qt,so overall maybe little more expensive than a 5 qt jug....but I buy a qt every week when I buy groceries, so my purchases outstrip my use, so my stash builds slowly. My '14 F150 3.7L really likes it for 7500-10k use (mostly highway).

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Here's the tough part... can you actually get it, without buying it over the internet?

GM (with its dexos spec) seems to be pushing the drive away from conventional, and towards semi-synthetic for warranty purposes.

As a result, we're probably going to start seeing an marked improvement in the numbers on the semi-syn blends.

I've been using Gold for a few years now in everything that I drive (from a Town and Country minivan, to a V-10 powered motorhome), and I honestly don't see myself ever going back to Platinum.

There's little reason for me to even use Platinum. Since SOPUS likes to screw me over on the rebates, I'm not buying it anymore.

Yeah my local distributer sells it in a 6 gallon eco box for $115

Originally Posted By: travlnman
I'm in North Carolina too...probably just the choice of each store manager as to what they stock..

If they were smart, they would start stocking it, since more and more automotives are speccing it, if shelf space is limited, them 10w40 could go.

This stuff is impossible to find around me....(although walmart carries 5w30 which i may try in my f150 5.4) Any online retailers sell the other grades?

Last edited:
For a small nominal fee, I will clean out my local Ingles stash...and distribute to the highest bidder
wink.gif

Maybe if the makers of Pennzoil would seal their containers better more places will stock some of their other oils. I have heard a number of people say they don't always put a lot of their oils out because they don't like to keep cleaning oil up. Valvoline has nice tamper proof sealed containers why can't pennzoil??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back