Crust at bottom of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum quarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Production date of 16/JAN/15

34r6140.jpg

24loe28.jpg

I haven't seen a bottle without some kind of residue at the bottom yet, I think it's normal.

Did you shake it before using it? I've seen that in Havoline and Mobil 1 if the oil was in my stash for a while and I didn't shake it. I'd say its normal.

Last month I completed an OCI with M1 AFE 0W30 and the bottle looked exactly the same, there was residue at the bottom. I wouldn't make a big deal about it.

I never see residue at the bottom of bottles or the 5-quart jugs. Somebody posted with Valvoline having white junk at the bottom, probably calcium. IIRC, Valvoline said as much.

I have a year+ old half quart of Mobil 1 10W40 HM and a half quart of 3 year old GTX 20W50 and the bottoms of both those bottles are impeccably pristine and spotless!

I also shook the PUP bottles really well before I opened them.

^^ I've seen that in Havoline and Mobil 1 recently. Come to think of it I saw it in a 5 quart jug of PU. I took the sixth quart, after shaking it then dumped it into the empty 5 and shook that up and used it. In my case it was problem solved. I have a 6 qt, sump so that was helpful.

Whats weird though is all the Pennzoil dino I've used over the years has never once had any residue on the bottom. Only other time I've seen it was years ago on the bottom of a Valvoline wb jug.

Yeah I found a similar finding in the bottom of my Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5 qt jug too. Not much stuff but certainly some. Now my Motorcraft Synthetic blend had ZERO residue on the bottom of the single quart container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back