Coffee - Your Current Brew

I tried Starbucks Ethiopian ( Med Roast ) a month or so ago and I've gotta say that's the best readily available coffee I've had in some time. Naturally, it's one of their more expensive.

It always seems to me that the Starbucks roasters turn it to 11 and then take a nap, but this was more medium roasted with good flavor. It was good enough that it surprised me...put it that way.

Just switched back to Starbucks Veranda Blonde to use up the last of my ground coffee.

Just got a conical burr grinder for Christmas and love the grinding options. Took a couple brews to figure out how I liked the batch of beans I bought, but it was great for the rest of the bag.

Just dipped into this today. Very nicely balanced.

Courtesy of GSCJR. Thank you!

DSC_2819.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kira
I just tried the Morning Roast (whole bean) from Aldi (Lodi, NJ).

Very good taste. Kira

Yes & only $3.99 a Bag. Cannot beat it.
thumbsup2.gif

Finally found my favorite brew up here! Luzianne Coffee and Chicory. I've found the chicory knocks down some of the bitterness.

100_2023_zpsdnhgjaoo.jpg

Of course done in a stove-top percolator. Comes out better than the $150 Kureg.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Currently going through my stash of Kimbo...

How are Kimbo compare with other Italian Espresso ?

Originally Posted By: Delta
Finally found my favorite brew up here! Luzianne Coffee and Chicory. I've found the chicory knocks down some of the bitterness.

Of course done in a stove-top percolator. Comes out better than the $150 Keurig.

Any way to make a cup of coffee is better than Keurig, even just paper towel on top of a cup is better.

Originally Posted By: Stewart Fan
We're working our way through a bag of whole bean Kirkland Espresso Roast.

Its pretty good coffee,at a decent price.

Kirkland Espresso is much better than Starbuck French Roast. I rather pay double the price for Kirkland Espresso than Starbuck French Roast at discount.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Currently going through my stash of Kimbo...

How are Kimbo compare with other Italian Espresso ?

In my opinion, it's comparable to Alessi. One of the best that I've tried. I was just getting bored of Alessi, so I thought I'd start trying other things.
smile.gif

At the office - Lavazza Qualita' Rossa (whole bean)

Good crema, smooth and a nicely balanced roast.

I'm impressed. I remember the roast being too light the last time I tried it.

Wife and I are currently hooked on 8 O'clock columbian. Got started years ago with the consumer reports on caffeine content per $1.. going to try the Aldi brand for a few days...we bought a bag of the Beaumont for backup a year or so ago and it was ok...but have not tried since they switched to Barissimo will pick up a bag next time i go.

Back