Mobil Delvac SAE 50 compatable manul trans oils???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with A_Harman and others who suggested a 75W90 dedicated MTF such as Amsoil MTG or Redline MT-90.

In the post immediately above, the two oils will mix, however they are not equal in viscosity(thickness).

I think the problem is that the 17.5 cSt oil (50W) is too thick and you need to come down a notch to a 14.5 cSt MTF (75W90).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I think the problem is that the 17.5 cSt oil (50W) is too thick and you need to come down a notch to a 14.5 cSt.

Agree ..
thumbsup2.gif

I did get confirmation that the Amsoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid 5W-30 is compatible with the Mobile Delvac SAE50 so I mixed 3qts with 5qts of the Delvac50 and it works much better BUT it's still a little sticky when cold but it does shift much better.

I have also recently hard that Amsoil mtg 75w-90 GL-4 is a much better solution as it does not get thicker when it gets cold.

13.9 cSt at 100
87.6 cSt at 40

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/tr...ar-lube-75w-90/

...Still waiting for confirmation of a compatible synchro additive package for the G56 in this oil.

I dumped the junk ATF that was in a Ram 2500 I did some work on and put Pennzoil Synchromesh in. No issues to date.

Originally Posted By: 2009ram2500

...I have also recently hard that Amsoil mtg 75w-90 GL-4 is a much better solution as it does not get thicker when it gets cold.

13.9 cSt at 100
87.6 cSt at 40

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/tr...ar-lube-75w-90/

...Still waiting for confirmation of a compatible synchro additive package for the G56 in this oil.

Yep.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I agree with A_Harman and others who suggested a 75W90 dedicated MTF such as Amsoil MTG or Redline MT-90.

In the post immediately above, the two oils will mix, however they are not equal in viscosity(thickness).

I think the problem is that the 17.5 cSt oil (50W) is too thick and you need to come down a notch to a 14.5 cSt MTF (75W90).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back