Amsoil 10w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
What is the lowest Ambient temperature we can run Amsoil signature series 10w-30 engine oil?
Where I live never fall below 0c'
Cheers.
Bob.

I have fresh Signature Amsoil here in 10w-30 for zero turn use and it says " Flows easily in sub zero temperatures" right on the bottle. Of course their webpage lists the certs-specs too.

Originally Posted By: SR5
I always thought 10W was good to 0F or -18C

That was before the SAE change to the cold weather performance criteria. For some years now, in terms of cranking, 15w is rated down to -20C / 0F, while 10w is rated down to -25C / -15F. Pumping is tested at 5C/10F lower temps for each.

A synthetic 10w might just miss passing the 5w specs too at -30C/-35C...

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I have fresh Signature Amsoil here in 10w-30 for zero turn use and it says " Flows easily in sub zero temperatures" right on the bottle. Of course their webpage lists the certs-specs too.

It does? What certifications does thee webpage say the oil carries?

Feel free to go there yourself and then tell us.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

It does? What certifications does thee webpage say the oil carries?

OK, I did and it carries no certifications. So your claim that the website lists all the certs is correct; the number is zero.

The number is zero huh.......?
That said my response was Amsoils data sheets slash certs but again you're wrong..

897.jpg

OK, I did and it carries no certifications. So your claim that the website lists all the certs is correct; the number is zero.

The number is zero huh.......?
That said my response was Amsoils data sheets slash certs but again you're wrong..

The picture is of OE. You said you had Signature. Which is it?

The picture is of OE. You said you had Signature. Which is it?

+1 / nor was it of 10W30.

Here's the SS 10w30...

sae10w-30_sig.jpg

Most multi OE are and XL API. 10w-40 is not etc.
You said none. And my post did not indicate API certs or suggest such at all.
It suggested manufacturer certs and specs to the OP for flow temps etc were on the data sheet for his Amsoil oil. You just came in to stir a stink as usual.
Maybe someone here knows what WFTSPB means?
OET.jpg

To you, no one suggested such, did they? No!
However kschachn made a statement otherwise- none-zero.

To you, no one suggested such, did they? No!
However kschachn made a statement otherwise- none-zero.

Correct, Amsoil Signature (which is what you originally posted about) has zero certifications.

I find this:

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

10W-30 (ATM): API SN (Resource Conserving), SM…; ILSAC GF-5, GF-4…; ACEA A5/B5, A1/B1; GM LL-A-025, 6094M, 4718M; Ford WSS-M2C205-A; Chrysler MS-6395

"Recommended" is Good enough, given all the garbage CERTIFIED OTC Major oils out there. Otherwise you are just a bunch of ninnies
smile.gif
Unelss your driving ultra high end, the service guyus don't care as long as there is decent oil in there.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
"Recommended" is Good enough, given all the garbage CERTIFIED OTC Major oils out there. Otherwise you are just a bunch of ninnies
smile.gif
Unelss your driving ultra high end, the service guyus don't care as long as there is decent oil in there.

Really? Name a garbage oil that carries, oh let's say, Porsche A40 or BMW LL-01 certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back