O'reilly auto parts 15w 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with the O'reilly house brand HDEO? Who makes it?
With their current promotion, it's only $6.99 a gallon.

I buy the Napa fleet oil because it goes on sale for 9.99/gal and is a Valvoline product. Its hard to beat that price and after tearing into engines, its a good product.. I'm new to O'Reilly Auto Parts because there was never a local store until a month ago.. I'm not one to change brands with every sale or make a Frankenstein-Brew with random products.

Originally Posted By: Dufus2
I buy the Napa fleet oil because it goes on sale for 9.99/gal and is a Valvoline product. Its hard to beat that price and after tearing into engines, its a good product.. I'm new to O'Reilly Auto Parts because there was never a local store until a month ago.. I'm not one to change brands with every sale or make a Frankenstein-Brew with random products.
oriley was kragen\murrys and shucks.been around a very long time around here.im not picky! When you burn a qt every 600 miles who cares what you use

Just out of curiosity how would either of these compare to the usual rotella 15w40 for use in a shared sump wet clutch bike?

I doubt either is jaso rated, but seems like the consensus is hdeo with minimal moly does the trick regardless of jaso?

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have never had any issues with moly in any of my bikee

same here

Most likely Warren makes it.
Bottom line your engine will never know the difference, national name brand oils VS national labeled auto parts stores or national labeled retail stores is all made by large national and international companies producing quality products.

Retail motor oil now a days is much more like a commodity, much the same as gasoline, name brand or retail store name brand.

Here is a link showing Warren from BITOG

Last edited:
You can use any 15/40 HEDO in your bike. My only question would be, since Rotella can be bought so cheap and they go through the effort for JASO why bother with other brands?

I guess for the same reason I have used all the HEDOs in my metric bikes!
I THINK, if I remember correctly I liked the way my shifting lasted with Delvac 15/40.
I have also used Delo 15/40, Valvoline 15/40 and of course Rotella.

But honestly, my favorite was convnetional 20/50 Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle oil, nice grabby feeling in the clutch, $4.00 a quart in the bigger walmarts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
You can use any 15/40 HEDO in your bike... But honestly, my favorite was convnetional 20/50 Valvoline 4 stroke motorcycle oil, nice grabby feeling in the clutch, $4.00 a quart in the bigger Walmarts.

Valvoline 4-T is great oil. So is their 2-T, if you have any older dirt bikes around
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back