Delo 75w-90 in Is250 differential?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My is250 does not have LSD. Other 75w-90 gear oil such as mobil1, valvoline and castrol's version have Limited slip additives.

Are there any benefit to run a 75w-90 with limited slip additives on my non LSD car?

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman
My is250 does not have LSD. Other 75w-90 gear oil such as mobil1, valvoline and castrol's version have Limited slip additives.

Are there any benefit to run a 75w-90 with limited slip additives on my non LSD car?

There is nothing to gain.
It is said that gear oils with LS additives shorten oil life, but I doubt it.

The fact that you actually change your gear oil means you are doing better that 90% or more than everyone else. No need to worry about maximum gear oil life.

My buddy who works at toyota tells me that they use Delo 75w-90 in the toyota/lexus diffs. Feeling confident
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: garlicbreadman

It's best not to run oil with LSD additives if you don't actually need it. Oil with LSD additives are for instance generally worse in oxidation than the equivalent oil without.

Last edited:
Drained the original Lexus diff fluid(53k). Boy was it disgusting. It looked milky and was a little clumpy coming out. Saw some metallic shavings too. The magnetic drain plug was coated heavily in fine grit.

Glad i drained that and put in the chevron delo. Car drives the same with the new fluid so i'm happy!

Didnt realize how thick 75w-90....took a while to fill the diff..

Originally Posted By: berniedd
Change it again soon to get the last of the grit still in there.

Definitely going to do that. A quart of chevron delo is only 5.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back